Chapter Two

“Alaaaaaaaaaaaana,” I heard someone whisper in my ear, causing me to jump.

I looked over and saw Kelly in the middle seat of our plane seats, laughing. “You should have seen your face!” she said in-between laughs.

Pouting, I said, “Shut up. How much longer?”

“We’re here! In 5 minutes, we’re landing!”

Smiling, I sat back in my seat. It was crazy that in a few days I would meet Toby. Just being in California was crazy!  

My Aunt Maria had dropped us off at her house on the edge of LA, and went to work, leaving us alone.

After unpacking, my caffeine addiction kicked in and I went out to find a Starbucks. Kelly was gonna come along, but her boyfriend, who lived in San Francisco, decided to drive up and visit her.

After about 20 minutes of wandering around, I spotted a Starbucks and quickly ran inside. The line was outrageous, so I sat down on one of the couches for a few minutes, soaking in all my surroundings. Then someone left and I caught a glimpse of brown hair and sideburns.

It was a leap of faith, but I sprung out of my chair and bolted to catch up. While running on the sidewalk, my ankle gave out and I fell, letting out a shriek of pain. Everything was going blurry when a man kneeled down in front of me, his hazel eyes worried.

Slipping out of conciseness, I muttered, “Toby Turner?”

Him picking me up was the last thing I remembered.

Soooo, this is really short and boring! Sorry! Promise more excitement in next chapter which will be uploaded soon!:) Don't lose faith in it or me! Love you guys <3

-Laken