Chapter Five

Alana’s P.O.V.

“Why do we have to go swimming?” Toby whined as I dragged him to the bathing suit area in Target.

I rolled my eyes and laughed at him. Sometimes Toby was such a little kid. “Because, I live in Connecticut and I haven’t been swimming in about 9 months and that’s not okay.” I found a light blue bikini in my size and ran to the checkout line. Swimming was my absolute favorite thing to do during the summer and I couldn’t wait.

“You’re acting like an excited puppy,” Toby said when he caught up to me. He was pretending to act out of breathe and it was probably the cutest thing ever.

“I am an excited puppy,” I said sticking my tongue out at him.

“How are you running with your ankle hurt like that?”

“I guess the pain killers kicked in. I can’t feel it” I laughed. It probably wasn’t the best idea to go swimming right now, but I couldn’t wait another second.

As I started putting on the bikini, I got a little self-conscious. I wasn’t fat, but I wasn’t skinny either. Normally, I would’ve been fine. But normally I wasn’t in front of Toby Turner, AKA a guy I had a huge crush on. I gulped before opening the door of Toby’s bathroom.

He was sitting on his couch playing on his phone and he looked up and smiled, “hello, gorgeous.”

I felt my cheeks burn, “Shut up.”

He giggled at my reaction and stood up, leaving his phone on the couch. I followed him as we walked outside to his pool. I got a running start and jumped into the pool, creating a huge splash. I hated getting into pool’s slowly.

“Wow,” Toby said. He was pretty soaked from my splash and I laughed. “I was not expecting that,” he wiped the water out of his eyes, “you’re gonna pay for that.” He jumped into the pool and I swam away as fast as I could, laughing the entire way.

Toby, obviously being a lot more muscular than me, caught me within seconds and held me against him, wrapping his arms around my waist. We both became quiet as the water calmed down. I wiggled out of Toby’s grasp and faced him. I inched closer to his lips.

Toby’s P.O.V.

Alana’s face was just inches from mine. I crashed my lips on to hers. It was a short kiss, but there was something special about it. There was something special about her. She looked at me awestruck and I smiled. This could be the start of something special.