Not Until Hell Freezes Over-Nora's POV

The minute i told Beth that Drew and i were partners i knew i was in trouble, "You're going to meet with Drew?  You're going to meet with Drew?  The Drew Reciful."  It got old at least ten minutes ago. 

"For the umpteenth time.  Yes, I am meeting with Drew.  He is just my Lit. partner. No big deal." 

"No big deal?  NO big deal?  No big deal my butt!  What if you started dating?  What if you got married?  Your children would be named Beth and--" 

"Bethany Rose Abaven would you please be quiet!?  Please?  Just for one minute.  A little bit of peace and quiet is all i need."  

She whispered, "Sorry."  Beth and i had slowly made our way home.  As you could imagaine, she had been hammering me with questions about Drew.  Did he have a cute accent?  Oh my gosh what do you think he would like with curly hair?  Do you think he has a girlfriend. Oh man, I really hope he doesn't have a girlfirend.  I really really really hope he doesn't have a girlfriend. I started drifting off then.    

After Beth remamined quiet for over five minutes I let it out, "Beth I just don't think it's a good idea to meet with him...can't i just call and cancel?" 

She slowly turned towards me, "Cancel? Nora do you not understand what is happening!?  A hot guy just asked if he can meet with you.  If it's not love then i don't know what it is!" 

"Seriously, Beth, it's just a school project!!"  I stared down at the number in my hand, "I think i'll just cancel."  

"SAT.  Stop and think.  This is ridiclous.  You're right, it's not like you are going on a date, but still, this a guy, Nora.  It could go somewhere.  So just go, don't cancel, and call him tonight to finalize the plans. Ok?"  We reached Beth's street, she gave me a hug, wished me a happy birthday, and we parted our seperate ways.