Romeo-Nora's POV

I opened my eye to sunlihgt cascading through my open window.  I was disapointed, I'd much rather it to be dark and rainy.  Today is the only day of the year I can't show my face.  I needed to be able to shrink into my hoddie and play the music on high.  Today was the day i needed to be completely ignored.  

I pushed my green cotton sheets away and stood up on the oak florr.  My pajamas clung to me, and i could feel the dry sweat matted into my hair.  besides the sweat, my feet felt like one gigantic bruise.  I could almost feel the blood gathering to the sore spots.  Another nightmare.  It was always the same.  I was running as fast as I could.  Trying to get away from something.  Or someone.  With every step I took there would be a horrible pain in my feet.  That's when I would see the cliff looming in the foggy distance.  I tried, as hard as I could, to stop running but I never could.  Just like that, the ground was gone and I was falling, faster than water, to the jagged rocks below.  My throat was so choked up I couldn't even scream.  That's when it happens.  Suddenly there is a searing pain in my back, and I feel something rip away from my skin.  I look, and I see wings protruding from my back.  No longer am I looking at the rocks, but beautiful sky and fluffy white clouds that look like cotton candy.  I'm flying. 

That's when I would wake up.  Honestly, it's hard not knowing what to expect next.  And i would do anything, absolutley anything, to make the dream go on longer.  Even just for one second.  One tiny tiny second.  I just had to know where those wings came from.  They were just so beautiful.  Long and slender with soft white feathers and rough black undertone feathers.  What I would do to just curl up and fall asleep on them.  But seriously i needed to get real with myself.  It's just a dream and it doesn't mean anything.  

There was a timid knock on my door followed by, "Are you dressed yet honey?"  

"All covered up Dad.  You can come in."  I stood armed and ready waiting for the deluge of happy birthdays to flood over me.  

He burst through the door and threw confetti everywhere.  Even worse, in one hand was a chocoalate iced birthday cake with one single candle, "Happy birthday to you!  Happy birthday to you!  Happy birthday dear Nora! Happy 14th birthday to you! Cha-cha-cha!"  He plopped the cake unto my dresser and lit the candle.  "Now make a wish Angel.  And really give it some thought."  

I sat there for ten seconds and gave my wish a good thinking.  Do I wish for a dog?  No...Do I wish for a million dollars?  Yeah right like that's going to happen.  That's when the wish hit me.  I wish that i knew the truth about the dream.  I took a big deep breath and blew out the candle on the first try.  

"Yay!  Now do you know what it's time for?!"  Dad shouted extremely loud with way to much enthusiasm.  

"Me to get ready for school?  I know you love my birthday and all, but I have twenty minutes till i have to walk to school.  And i still need to get dressed, eat breakfast, and meet Beth.  So can we hold off presents until after school?"  I gave him my puppy dog eyes and pouted my lip. 

"Don't you dare give me the puppy dog look!  Don't you dare!  I'm trying to resist, but I've always been a sucker for that face.  Darn it....well I guess we can wait till after school.  But boy oh boy are you missing out on some of the best presents Matthew Gracen has ever bought!"  He thumped his chest like Tarzan and ran out of the room like a wild child.  

"What about the cake!?"  I called behind him.  

He skipped back into the room, "Whoops, forgot about that slightly crucial detail.  Your down to fifteen minutes Angel, you better get ready."  He scooped up the cake and planted a kiss on the top of my head.  "I'll put this in the fridge and you can have a slice after school."