Chapter 4

Normal morning. Normal day, overall. Just me, strolling down number 10 Downing Street, like so many have done before.

"This way, please" Tyler said, as both him and quiet Leo followed me along the yellow walls and white staircase.

We went up and I gazed at the portraits of our former leaders on the walls. We passed a white door, then down a delicately decorated corridor, and Tyler knocked on the door at the end of the corridor. Inside, a woman in a skirt suit opened it and nodded, siding to let us pass.

"Mr Prime Minister, Miss Summers is here" The woman with the severe black bun announced.

At the wooden round table, Prime Minister Whitehall was sitting, and a couple people were sitting with him, whilst he signed a few documents. He looked up and smiled at me, as he saw me walk in with Tyler and Leo.

"Miss Summers. Glad you're here." He got up, buttoning his dark blue blazer over his white shirt and black tie "Please, take a seat."

He gestured towards a small sitting area, with a tiny cherry coffee table and four light armchairs that surrounded it. The fire was off, the windows shut, with their green drapes open to let the morning light of a foggy London in.

I nodded, obeying. I fixed my moss green skirt as I sat, taking my leather bag to my lap. He finished signing the rest of the documents.

"Diane." He said to the woman with the bun "Would you get us some tea? And biscuits, please. Do you want anything special, Miss Summers?"

"Oh, no." I shook my hands "Tea is lovely."

Diane nodded and everyone left, leaving the two of us alone. He sat in front of me and smiled.

"Glad to see you again, Miss Summers." He showed me his hand and I shook it firmly "How's business, after the huge press cover?"

"It's great." I shrugged "I just hate the journalists standing by our door every single day, asking the same questions... Every single day."

"Ah, but you're forgetting I know the feeling." He chuckled, his blue eyes sparkling as he did "And how are you?"

"Me?" I blinked, surprised "I'm fine, sir. Really fine. Mum thinks me a national hero, which I've tried to explain I'm really not. But, you know, it's good to be rewarded with her best butter fingers" I chuckled.

"Well, besides the press release I wrote – and yes, I actually wrote it myself –" He assured me with a chuckle "I wanted to personally thank you for your bravery, Miss Summers. I don't know many people that could keep their cool and help another person in need in such stressful situation."

"Mrs Martin would." I assured him "She might not have voted for you, but she would protect you the same way I, Julia, and all the others did."

"Well..." He shrugged, leaning back into the sofa and crossing his legs "Perhaps. Ah, tea."

Diane came with another lady. They pushed a trolley with colourful food and a beautiful white teapot. Then, they served tea for the both of us, with milk, and left immediately.

"You know, I usually take mine at home with vodka. Minus the tea." I chuckled; then stopped "Oh my God, I'm so sorry! I can't believe I actually said that to the Prime-"

"Please, don't." He frowned, a hand up after he took a sip from his tea "Just be yourself. Like you were in the pharmacy."

"Well, at the pharmacy I was just obeying orders, sir."

"The reason I called you here was to thank you and to finish off our conversation" He said, sternly.

"Our conversation?" I frowned.