Pickup Lines and Pet Names

Bethany's POV

June 30th, 1998

Me and Tracy are walking down the street to go watch the baseball game.

Mommy did my hair in 2 big Afro puffs before breakfast and I'm wearing my favourite pair of overalls. Daddy said I look like a princess before they both went to work.

As we get to the park, I see that their warming up and practicing. There's this one boy trying to hit the ball off the bar and he keeps missing.

I sit down and when I do, he looks over at me. He smiles a little and I feel a weird feeling in my tummy.

Soon they start 'Oh, Canada' and he is straight tripping. He's dancing and laughing though the whole thing.

After the anthem, they start playing

After the anthem, they start playing. They are pretty good. The mystery guy gets a home run too and winks at me before joining his team.

Tracy, my babysitter laughs a little and I blush before looking down at my Tamagotchi.

Pretty soon, they're done the game and I found out the guys name is Justin. He kept on getting distracted and everyone was yelling at him.

Trac and I get up to go get hot dogs, and Justin comes up to us with a big grin.

"Hi I'm Justin." He waves, excited. I smile a little and wave too.

"Hi, I'm Bethany but you can call me Beth." I say shyly.

"I guess I'm not in the park anymore." He says sighing.

"What?"

"I must be in a museum because you are one piece of art." He says and Tracy laughs but I don't get it.

"What?" I ask. He slaps his hand on his head, before trying again.

"You're so sweet, you'd put Hershey's out of business." He says taking my hand into his.

"That's racist!" I say before frowning and pulling my hand away.

"S-sorry. I didn't mean it like that!" He says frantically. I look at him and nod.

"That's okay." I say with a smile. Soon some lady comes up to us, and introduces herself as Justin's mom.

"Do you want to go on a play date with me some day?" He asks hopeful and I nod.

"Yeah. I'll ask my mom for tomorrow!" I say smiling.

"Okay. Here's my number hon' bun." He says before saying his number as we write it on the wrapper.

"I'll see you later Justin!" I say as we walk away.

"Bye Poo Bear!" He says back and I giggle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

September 5, 1998

It's my first day of school and I'm absolutely terrified. I don't know anyone here and I won't have any friends.