Hopeful

The grey turning to gold

The dark turning to light

The man’s long glistening ebonized hair

Seemed to flow in the wind

Her heart beat softly as he held her.

Breaking the cage that surrounded her face

She was free now….

“You’re free now.” The man said. Bent down slightly laying her near the river for a drink and perhaps to wash up he looked upon her face. Speechless the weakened woman looked up at him and water filled her eyes. Why was he so nice to her? Why did he care? She never even met this man before…. She walked into the stream slowly not taking her eyes off of him, for she wanted to take it all in and never, never let this loving memory go.

The man stood up gradually from his bent position, watching her… amazed. As her head dipped down under the lavish flow of liquid, it cleansed her every being. Forgiveness overflowed her soul, the blood dried blood had vanished, the bruises lifted, much like the weight she once carried on her shoulders, her faith restored. And as she walked again towards her defender, He was amazed and quite surprised with Danya’s overwhelming beauty. Her gorgeous facial features peered slowly out of the water, her now wet clothes sticking to her form and her dark hair hung like long lustrous strands of love. She opened her eyes and her defender bent down in respect towards her.

She would raise his chin with a silky soft finger. “I want to thank you, defender. Thank you for showing that even someone like me still has hope… I do apologize for hurting your wife….”

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TBC

Tell me what you think guys… and if I should continue with this series of poetry stories…

:D Thanks so much for supporting and reading…