Defender

There she stood over the beauty on the ground

The silence was overwhelming, deafening

She dropped the bat just to hear a sound,

For a second to long it fell with a thud,

And at that same moment she realized that it was all over

Her punishment was going to be immense, and she was going to die

Though she only was defending herself, They wouldn't see it as such

They ran in clasping her arms roughly swinging them behind her back and placed a metal cage around her face, They practically dragged her off the stage. Over, under, thunder, raining, mud... life is nothing at this point It's all over. "What do you think you're doing? Don't you see she is innoce-"   The voice of thunder now muffled. Was what she heard true.... Was someone defending her? Poor Danya doesn't remember her own past for her brutal beatings daily, had probably left her with permanent brain damage. She was born in to suffering apparently. "You are all Murderers!" The sparkle of hope gleamed. Danya's dark hair was plastered over her face with blood and sweat, but then would turn her head around to look through the metal and see her hero, her defender. The man stood tall maybe 6 foot or seven, built like he was hand crafted by the god and placed on to the earth in perfect condition. "Is this a joke?" she heard them say to him. "Far from it." She was forced to stand in the mud her legs shaken from the cold rain. Each drop felt like acid as it seemed to burn into the seams her body was quickly trying to close up in her skin. "You must let her go!" She heard him say again. The rain now dripped dropped, draped, down his perfectly sculpted frame. Danya fell to her knees in weakness and also in honor and bowed down to her defender. The tears falling fast from her eyes now, for No one had ever EVER stood up from her before and for that she was grateful. And even if unsuccessful she had something to smile about today.....in this moment she had something to... perhaps something to live for.