Insurgency

Last Time, On Valiant Squad...

We woke up quickly, too quickly. Why would we be flash frozen? That would only mean an emergency. Crap, what could have happened? I felt a jurking feeling in my stomach, which means Ill have to think about that later. The meds came right up into my mouth.

"Thish sthuff ish crap." I murmered from all the lime flavored mucus that swashed around in my mouth. Every time they change the mixture it always tastes the same crappy flavour that makes you want to puke.

"The protien-vitamin concotion is actually very nutritious, Trainee 288. It replaces the nutrients you lost during cryo sleep. Please regurigate the mixture and swallow." Deja replied in a matter-of-fact tone.

I spat it out onto the deck grate. 

"I'm not swallowing that." I wipe my lips and go get dressed. As I zip up my jacket, a rumble bursts through the ship and throws me and the SPARTANS to the deck. Me and a couple other SPARTANS ran to the bridge to ask the Captain what was happening.

We stepped onto the bridge and saluted Captain Cragius. He returned it and spoke.

"What do you need, son?" He asked a guy called Regan.

"Whats going on, sir?" Regan asked.

"Insurrection, son. Rebels attacked the ship."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stared in disbeleif at the captain, my mind blank. My head shifted between the Captain and Regan. Pirates? Couldnt be. This was a UNSC warship, they had to have fended them off.

"How did they get us?" I asked, still confused.

Cragius frowned, looked at his monitor and then back at us and said slowly, "Breaching torpedo. Decks 18-23 on levels Charlie through Foxtrot. They took a chunck out of our starboard side and are boarding. We'll need to stop them before they get to the reactors, they'll be wanting the high value fusion components."

Regan stepped in before I could and spoke with a desperate tone "Where are the marines? Surely they can repel simple invaders."

"The pirates were smart and hit most of the barracks. The mojority of the marine forces are dead or wounded. The only squads able to report are the ones that didnt get hit, right across from the detonation. That was only a couple squads. Oh yeah, and dont call me Shirley." Cragius regretfully growled.

(A/N Leave comments if you get the refrence)

"We could take them out," I sugessted. Everybody turned to the 15 year old proposing to make a last stand and doom himself. "I can take a squad there and see what we can do, after all, this would be great training for combat in MJOLNIR." I stood there, trembling, with my arms held out in a proposing gesture.

Cragius sighed and lit the antique ebony pipe in his hands and mumbled something about "to hell with regulations" and quickly typed a message to Dr. Halsey. He patiently waited, hunched over his panel waiting for a reply. His monitor blinked and he ambitiously opened the message. He sighed again and turned.

"Son, I think you're too young to die but aparently Cathrine think differently. You are hereby ordered to neutralise threats in the form of Insurectionest boarders. How you do so is up to you, including dispatch, just get them off the ship so we can continue with this godforsaken mission."

I snapped a quick salute and without another word, left the room and sprinted to the turbolift down to the SPARTAN quarters.

Even though the SPARTAN program is soposedly not yet an active military branch, we are not qualafied to use military grade weaponry. However ONI thinks differently to the rest of the UNSC and supplied us with a private armory adjecent to the main SPARTAN quarters.

Without a word, I pointed to Lancer, Jake, Warner, Ogel, Holly, Louise and the last girl from Foxtrot squad, Grace, and then motioned twoards the armory. They got up and ran over into the room and on instinct, grabbed weapons as I breifed them.

"Pirates have taken destoryed and entered the firgate through marine barracks. The captain has given us the go ahead to neutralise any threats in any way I see fit. You are my detachment. Everyone use MA2s with .320 rounds, except Holly and Lancer, youre our cover. SRSC99S2-AMs, with scilencers and Oracle scopes equipped. Youre beind us making sure nobody flanks us. Use .430 rounds, with a higher calibre, youll be able to take out higher value targets. Use ODST vac/assault suits, we might have to fight in no atmosphere. Take an emergencey beacon, incase you break off of the ship. Otherwise, gear is up to you."

Everybody confirmed orders through a series of nods and affimative grunts. I took an all purpose utility belt and a med kit. Jake just took a double handfull of clips. Ogel got a serrated titanium 20cm knife and a M6D magnum. Warner shifted between extra firepower but finally decided on a LOTUS mine and a bandolier of frags. Louise took a COM pack and a small NAV marker tracking kit. Holly and Lancer took extra components for their weapons and plenty of ammo.

When everybody was suited up, I informed the captain of our status. He told me everything was secured outside of a small area and everybody was evacuated, all pressure doors were sealed and the hull breach was being reapired, as much as automatic precautions could do. I thanked him for the intel and motioned for my unit to fall in behind me for the quick march to the sealed area.

The march was not long to the hostile zone. There were techies and medics scrambling around trying to fix things and keeping the surviving marines from dying, and sadly, failing. I strode over to a corporal just abandoning a circuit board that regulates oxygen supply in the next couple sections. He looked up at me in suprise.

"Sir, whats happening?" He asked in a panicked and frustrated tone.

"Me and my squad have orders to elimanate enemy boarders. We need to remain sealed off from the UNSC occupied ship. Seal it off behind me and my team, and only open it if the captain himself gives his consent. You understand solider?" I asked him

"Sir! Yes Sir!" He quicky replied. He snapped a salute and sprinted over to the door controls and opened the hatch. I motioned my team to double time inside the hallway section/makeshift airlock and the door closed behind us.

I heard the seal close behind me and walked over to a panel and opened the door at the end of the compartment. There was a loud hissing sound as the atmosphere of the airlock vented. At the same time he influence of 0 gee took effect in the room, meaning anything not tied down began to float a little off the ground.

Lancer poked at a floating blob of blood and luaghed at is exploed in all directions. I grabbed onto the railing on the side wall and inched my way back to the door and one I was there, I pushed off gently onto it, so i was parallel with the floor and pushed off forwards past the ramins of hallway and into the wreckage. I imedatley regretted my decision. Rebels were all over the blast hole.

(A/N I would just like to say that I only use directions because it is the only way to know what is happening. There is no direction in 0G And I finally updated after like forever! Sorry guyz)