Chapter 2

"Why is he coming home?" I ask my mom as i walk completely into the kitchen.

"Brooke!" My mom warns me. That's when i notice Maura, Niall's mom sitting in the kitchen too.

"Oh hey Maura, sorry didn't see you there." I say grabbing an apple. Apparently my mom did not like that response either.

"Brooklyn!" My mom yells my full name.

"Its alright Mindy." Maura reassures my mom.

"Gotcha!" Two voices say from behind me, pinching the sides of my stomach.

I scream, spinning around and slapping two cheeks. It was not until then i realized it was just my brother and Greg.

"Ouch!" They both whine, rubbing their cheeks as me and Maura laugh.

"You deserved that." Maura says as it quiets down.

"Whatever." James huffs.

"Lets go!" Greg says trying to get us to school.

"Your taking us today?" I ask throwing my half eaten apple in the trash. Greg or James always takes me to school since i don't have a car yet and i hate the bus.

"Yeah to see Denise." James says making annoying noises with his lips.

"Shut up!" Greg says hitting James in the stomach. I think it's cute. They act like they just starting dating, even though they have been for over two years and our recently engaged.

I do think it's weird that Denise is my teacher and i see her outside of school all the time. I just try to act like shes two different people.

We grab our backpacks and say goodbye to our moms as we head to the car.

"When do i get to sit in front?" I say from the backseat halfway through the ride.

"When your a senior!" My brother yells. He thinks he is so cool because he is one. I just hate sitting in the back, i feel lonely.

"Your just a little Sophomore!"

"Shut up!" I roll my eyes at his childness.

"Hey, why are we taking James car?" I ask, leaning over so I'm next to Greg.

"Cause James is taking you home, i'm riding with Denise. We'll probably go somewhere after school." He answers while keeping his eyes on the road.

"What are you going to do during the day?" I ask another question.

"I got the day off, so Starbucks?" He shrugs. He is an assistant football coach at the nearby College so he doesn't work much. He still lives with his parents but he is saving up for the wedding and a house.

"That's your answer to everything." I laugh at his weird white girl obsession.

"Don't be home late, Niall is coming home today!" James cheers.

"He is going to be home all summer, i think we all will see enough of him."

"All summer?" I repeat his words.

"Yeah why?" Greg looks at me funny.

"Nothing." If he was cocky when he left, he will sure be even more now that he is all famous, it all goes to their heads.

"Oh i got cheer practice after school so you need to wait for me." I remind James.

"Oh my gosh just shut up!" He says annoyed at all my talking.

"Love you too." I say sarcastically, hitting the back of his head.

The rest of the way was spent with us trying to sing louder then eachother to the radio.