lawn of the dead

"Did Ethan or Benny say where they'd be?" Sarah asked Olivia as they walked down the hallway

"School." She joked.

Sarah rolled her eyes. "Seriously! I need to ask him something."
"Well, Ethan mentioned something about this girl called Della and that Benny was planning on talking to her." Olivia explained.

"I thought Benny had a thing for you?"
Olivia stopped. "What makes you think that?"

Sarah paused for a moment and shook her head. "Never mind, Benny has a thing for anything that breathes."
She stopped Sarah. "You think Benny has a thing for me?"

Sarah laughed. "Probably. You're everything Benny sees and wants in a girl, anyways, I think that's Ethan over there."

"Bright orange shirt? Definitely Ethan." Olivia responded.

"Can I talk to you?" Sarah asked Ethan.
"Hey. How goes it? What's new?"
"Can I borrow $20?"
That's what she wanted Ethan for? Olivia thought.

"It's for a good cause." She added.
"$20?" Ethan repeated. "Like, now? Erm..." he trailed off and looked down the hallway.

Olivia followed his eyes and had to stop herself from laughing when she saw Della holding some flowers and crying, with Benny stood there awkwardly. He then walked towards the group. "Awesome news! Della's dog died!"

"And that's good news?" Olivia chuckled.
"Yeah!" He grinned.

Olivia raised her eyebrows. Sarah took hold of her arm. "I gotta go, c'mon Olivia. Later."

"That's the effect Benny has on you; he'll try to pick up a girl and she starts crying." Sarah joked, causing Olivia to laugh.

***

Sarah and Olivia were walking back to my house to do some revision when she got a phone call. "It's Ethan. What does he want?" She asked Olivia.
She shrugged. "Don't ask me you're the one getting the call."

Sarah picked up the phone. Olivia could hear faint muffles coming from the phone.

"What?! So now I can't even get babysitting money?" She almost yelled. "Great! Perfect!"

"Forget it. I still have some other options. See ya" She sighed, putting her phone back in her pocket.

"What was that about?" Olivia asked.
"The Morgan's don't need me to babysit tonight and I really need the money."

"So?" Someone said, causing the two girls to spin around in surprise. "How is you little pet nerd?"
Erica, of course.

"Oh, you know... nerdy. Look, the reason I wanna talk to you-"
Erica gasped. "You changed your mind about flying down to the city and bringing Olivia this weekend? I knew it! We are gonna tear it up!"

"Erica, you know Fledglings can't fly! Not for free which is why I need to ask you borrow some money - I'll pay you back!" She pleaded.

"Money? If you would just wake up and smell the plate list then you can take whatever you and whoever you want!"