Chapter Four

A/N: Sorry for the wait guys, I had a few problems with this chapter and I didn't want to publish when I wasn't happy with it. I want you guys to get the best version that I have so here is what I have. Hope I don't disappoint and I love you all for reading this far and commenting and voting, you guys truly are THE BEST.

                                                                         ~ ~ ~

Chapter Four ~

2nd October, 1999

22 days after graduation

“I’m not saying that you have to wear them, just that it might be a bit safer if you look different.” Draco said with a smile.

“I think you just want to play out a little fantasy.” She grinned, taking the little box out of his hands. “Would you like me to die my hair blonde as well?”

He laughed and grabbed her by the waist, pulling her into his hips in the small space of their living room.

“I love your hair the way it is.” She smiled and looked away from his eyes. “Though I wouldn’t mind if it were a little less wild some of the time…” Hermione beat her hands lightly into his chest and his grinning lips found hers. “But really, I would prefer it if you could wear them, just so that I know you have some way of hiding who you are.”

Hermione looked down at the small box in her hands that contained the bright blue contact lenses. He was right, she knew that.

“They haven’t made any movements that we know of, we haven’t heard anything.” She said softly.

He sighed, his eyes searching hers and finding the hope that she had for a time when they won't have to hide themselves from the world, a hope that maybe this is over before it’s begun.

“They won't just jump into it. Mulciber might want to but the others won’t let him do anything brash. Trust me, they have something planned.” He said.

She nodded and nuzzled into his neck. “Well I wish they would just get it all over with. I can't stand the wait anymore.”

“I know.” He said, he didn’t want her to have to think about it all the time.

“Maybe I should cut my hair.” She looked up at him with a smile as she tried to make light of the situation.

“I don’t want you to change yourself; this whole thing is my fault, besides, you’d just be stealing my idea.” He ran his fingers through his short blonde hair.

He was wearing his brown contact lenses and she shook her head a little. She still found it strange to see him wearing them but today they would have to go out in to what could possibly be dangerous territory; the ministry.