Chapter Two

A/N: Hey guys! Keep leaving your awesome coments! I will be trying to upload on Thursdays from now on, key word is trying! So my aim is to get the next chapter out by this time next week. I hope you like the story and I will see how far I can take it. It may not be as long as the first book but I will try to make it the best it can be!

Thanks again for reading guys!

                                                                   ~ ~ ~

Chapter Two ~

18th June, 1999

8 days since graduation

Hermione took a long look around her bedroom. Her wardrobe was now bare and the books that had once filled all four corners of the room were packed away and ready to be moved to her new home.

After the threats that she and Draco had received she knew that she couldn’t stay at home and put her parents in danger. The last thing she needed was for them to find out where they lived and come after them.

She felt a hand come down on her shoulder and she flinched. The hand gave her a squeeze and pulled her in close.

“You have lived in this room for most of your life, do you know that?” Her mother said, staring nostalgically at the faded walls and old bare furniture.

“Mum…” Hermione smiled and shook her head, feeling sad to be leaving it.

“So… where is this new place of yours?” Her mother asked.

“About an hour by train.” She said.

“We shall have to come and visit you when you’re settled in.”

Hermione nodded, not wanting to spoil things by telling her that she shouldn’t be coming to visit at all.

She had her belongings all packed up and in the living room, she would apparate with them to the new place to avoid shipping and stay under the noses of the death eaters that remained at large. She had no idea if they were coming immediately or whether they were going to plan something more elaborate out.

All she knew was that they were going to strike at some point so she and Draco were making a fast move. He hadn’t let on to Hermione just how much money he had in his trust funds, it was by far enough to get them a house twenty times the size of the one he had bought. He had settled with something small and dishevelled on the outside because he knew it would be something that the Death Eaters wouldn’t expect of him.

Truthfully it hurt Draco’s pride to buy such a house, he wanted to give Hermione everything he could and the scrappy dump that he had bought for her was so far from everything. He knew that it was the best plan for them though.