Chapter 12: The Glow

Anna's POV

When I was little, my mom would tell me to close my eyes and count to ten when I was scared, and the monsters would go away. But this time when I opened them, they were still there. Dozens of them. Attacking the group of people that was brave and loyal enough to save their princess, my girlfriend, even when they knew their powers would be useless.

The sound of their guns and swords was like no other. It was silvery and crystallized. It rang as I watched Jace's guards fight for Stella's life. Some of them losing their own.

Then I felt something cold in my hands.

"Just in case." Said Dylan.

He had handed me two small swords. i had seen them before, in a movie. They were called sais. But there were not ordinary sais. These were made of quartz.

"They look so fragile." I said softly, admiring the beautiful glass-like blades.

"They're not. "said Dylan, "This is a special type of quartz called the upyr quartz, which means vampire quartz. It's much like adamantium. stronger than diamonds. Yet beautiful."

"They're yours?" I asked.

"Yes, but I don't use them much. I prefer not to fight."

"I heard you're a good fighter though."

"I used to be a black belt in my time, but that was a long time ago. You can keep them."

"Thanks." I said as i gazed at the crystal blades

There was a silence as I admired the two small swords.

"Get down!" Dylan grabbed the back of my head and forced me to duck just in time for a bullet to crash through the windshield amidst Angie's screams.

"Are you girls okay?" He asked.

"We're fine." i said.

"We're getting out of here." Said Angie as she started backing up the car.

"No, Angie, stop!" i tried to stop her by grabbing the wheel, but that didn't turn out to be such a good idea. We ended up crashing into a tree, which attracted the evil vampire people's attention.

"Shit." We both said at the same time.

All of the vampires were in fighting mode, they didn't seem to care about the two bags of blood sitting in the car. Killing me and Angie would do them no good, if anything, we were slowing the good guys down because they had to protect us too. But there was one vampire who didn't stop looking at our car.

"Natalie." Said Dylan.

"Who?" I asked.

"Natalie. Stella's ex fiance. We thought she was dead."

"WHO?!"

"Oh, right." Was all he managed to reply with an apologetic look.

"EX FIANCE? When was someone planning to tell me this? She was engaged?! To that evil psychopath?!"

"Calm down, Annie."

"Holy shit it's walking towards us!" Said Angie, which made Dylan and me look at Natalie, who was indeed making her way to our car with a winning smile.

Dylan pulled out a gun and shot at her, but she deflected the bullets with a wave of her hand.

He looked amazed, "She's telekenetic too. What... How? What is she?"

Suddenly he was in business mode. He told Angie to try and start the car and get out as quickly as possible, then he got out of the car to uselessly fight Natalie.

I watched as he kept shooting at her with no success. She was getting close. She was going to kill him.

So I did the only thing I could think of.

I got out of the car and drew her attention to me.

"Hey psycho bitch. Stella's mine now."

Indeed she stopped looking at Dylan and growled at me.

What happened next seemed to happen in slow motion.

Her eyes lit up, and she charged at me at full speed. But then the strangest thing happened. My swords' blades started glowing a bright and beautiful shade of blue. There was a ripple through them like water. I got lost in a trance thinking of the shade of blue in Stella's eyes. I looked up, and suddenly I growled at her. I growled back at her. Like a vampire.

After that my body seemed to move by itself, I twirled the sais in my hands like a professional assasin, and brought one of them forward in a lunging motion.

I heard a gasp.

The blade was embedded in Natalie's abdomen. She had run into it when she charged at me. She stared at me with wide eyes and a little blood trickled from her mouth.

In the distance, I saw Dorian sniff the air, and let out a furious growl. Jace's guards could now use their abilities, and soon enough, Dorian was telling his rebels to retreat.

A boy with silver hair stared at me with astonishment, then he charged at me angrily.

I twirled the swords again, and slashed his chest with one of them. But when I stared into his gray eyes, everything went white.

I woke up to meet a familar pair of silvery blue ones, and blonde hair that tickled my cheek as she bent over me and asked if I was okay.

"Stella!"

I was in a bed inside the catamaran. I sat up and hugged her with all my strength.

"Stella, you're okay. I love you, Stella."

She giggled, "You don't have to use my name so much."

"I missed saying it."

"What else did you miss?" She said in a sultry voice.

I stared deeply into her beautiful eyes, "I missed this." And I gave her a long kiss.

"So did I." She replied with a loving gaze.

Suddenly her features changed from loving to surprised.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

She was silent for a little while.

Then she dook a deep breath, "Annie, your eyes are glowing."