Chapter 11: Glass Swords

Anna's POV:

All I could do was scream as I watched Stella fly and hit the ground so hard the pavement broke. The other girl was moving incredibly fast, she was almost impossible to see. Stella lifted her head, but the vampire girl was suddenly next to her, kicking her back down. I could see the pain in her expression, yet couldn't do anything about it. I struggled to get out of the car, but Angie locked the doors and hit the pedal all the way down. She drove out of there as fast as she could. I kept screaming at her to turn around, but she was too shocked to listen.

Suddenly I felt a warm liquid making its way down the side of my face. I wiped my cheek. it was blood. Then I felt the pain when I touched my right temple. I'd banged my head hard on the window when the car flipped over but I didn't know how bad it was until that moment. The right side of my face was covered in blood and my head was pounding painfully.

"We have to get you to a hospital." said Angie when she noticed me wiping my face.

"No. We have to go back and save Stella, I mean Tessa. They'll kill her."

"Are you crazy?! Did you see how strong that girl was?! I don't think she was even human!"

"Angie, she will die if we don't go back."

"So will we. Then we'll all be dead. What good will that do?"

"We have to do something."

"You already called someone, remember? Let him take care of it."

"Jace!"

I frantically patted my pockets and thanked the lord that my phone was intact. Then I quickly dialed Jace's number.

He answered after two rings, "I'm on my way."

"She's--"

"I know where she is. I can track her. I know where they're taking her."

"Oh my God, they've taken her?!"

"Yes. That means she's alive. Did you see who it was that attacked her?"

"She said something about Dorian's rogues. But I only saw one. It was a girl. She was young, and she had long brown hair and blue eyes."

"I think I might know who it is. How about you? Are you okay?"

"I hit my head, it's bleeding. Angie's taking me to the hospital."

"Okay. Wash the blood off as quickly as you can or you'll attract more vampires. I'm sending Dylan over to heal you. Meet him at the Santa Monica Pier. He'll arrive by boat."

Then he hung up.

I turned to Angie, "Change of plans, we're going to the Santa Monica Pier. We're meeting someone there."

Angie shook her head, "I'm taking you to the hospital."

"Angie you have to listen to me, we're going to a person who can heal me! And they'll be expecting us at the hospital! The bad guys!"

She sighed, "Alright you can tell the healer we're on our way."

"Thanks."

Angie was doing 100mph on a banged up car as I held on to my seat and tried not to faint. I was getting dizzy and it was getting increasingly hard to focus my eyes. But sooner than I thought I was walking, half being dragged, through the beach.

"Who are we looking for?" She said.

"A blonde guy on a boat."

She sighed, "I don't see any-- Oh my god. Could it be that one?"