TAOM (1)

• Dedicated to my loyal Fans

A/N: Hey everyone!! Ready for book 2 of BAAM?!?! If you hadn't read Becoming An Alpha's Mate, I strongly suggest you do before reading this book - you'll be lost if you don't. For those o you who may still be confused from the first book, I'm sure all your questions will be answered sometime in this one (of course, you could always message me that you'd like me explain it to you, and I'll reply as fast as possible). Okay, enough from me, lets get back to the lives of Holly, Marcus, Reagan, the pack and those dreadful hunters :)

Pic of Reagan (techinically Marcus, too)

I woke up lying on my bed with the sun's rays streaming in through my window. I sat there, starring of into space while I thought about the previous week, when Reagan showed up with his pack.

Reagan had just told us that he was here to take his rightful place as alpha of the Evanswood pack and to take his true mate. That statement had sent Marcus into an angry rage. He swiftly moved me behind him, hiding me from Reagan's view.

"That's why you came here after all these years?" he demanded. "You think you could just show up one day and take over? Just like that?" Marcus's arms tensed up and his stance screamed that he was ready for a fight.

"I had my reasons for not coming back," replied Reagan.

Marcus took an intimidating step forward. "Oh Yeah?" he said doubtfully. "Then what are these reasons?"

Reagan tilted his head, accessing Marcus then turned his attention to me. "I came back, because I knew she was in trouble."

"She's safe now, and you didn't answer my question," Marcus sneered.

"Is she?" Reagan taunted. "Because I'm very sure I saw some hunters scouting the woods earlier."

"The main threat was taken care of."

"But not the main problem," Reagan pointed out. "The hunters may have lost their leader, but they are still here. Unless they're dealt with, Holly and the rest of the pack are in danger."

"So, what?" Marcus asked incredulously. "You want to help?"

"I know that anything the hunters may have planned your pack isn't strong enough to fight them alone."

Marcus looked behind Reagan at the group of people that had come with Reagan. They were an odd sort. Unlike Marcus's pack, they ranged in all sorts of ages and nationality. They obviously didn't grow up together. They were bigger and stronger looking than the pack I've grown to love. I could only imagine what their wolf forms were like.

"Rogues aren't very reliable," stated Marcus.

"We're a pack now, little brother. Rogues are we no more."

"You've abandoned the pack you were born in - you are a rogue." He looked to Reagan's pack again. "And so are they."

 "Guys," I interrupted, "can we please take this some place else? We're starting to draw attention." We looked around and sure enough, there were passersby watching, waiting.

"She's right," said Reagan. "We should take this else where."

"The pack house," stated Marcus.

I watched Reagan's jaw tick and nod to the people behind him. "I guess it's time I pay a visit to dear old mom and dad, huh."

Reagan and his pack tracked behind us in wolf form since they didn't have a car. Tilly, who had been waiting in the limo with some o the others, immediately started asking questions.

"What's going on?" she demanded.

I looked to Marcus, thinking he would tell her. At his angry silence, I said, "Marcus's brother's back."