TAOM (6)

• Dedicated to All My Fans of BAAM/TAOM

Everyone stared at me as I came into the house. Marcus was there, and he looked none too happy. Well, crap. "Hey, everybody." I tried to sound cheerful in hopes of boosting Marcus's mood. "How's it going?"

"How'd it go, Holly?" asked mom.

I caste a nervous glance at Marcus, fearing his reaction. "Not too bad, actually. It was almost ... fun."

Marcus glared at me and rose up from the chair he had been sitting in, causing it to scrape against the floor with a harsh screetch. "You enjoyed spending time with him?" he demanded.

"Yes, Marcus. Reagan may annoy the hell out of me, but I can have a good time with him, you know - especially around his pack. They're ... nice. I turned to mom and Glory. "You should meet Ms. Bianca, she's a really sweet woman."

Mom smiled. "So what did you guys do?"

Marcus let out a growl, but I ignorned it. "I met his pack, like I promised. Made arrangements to go shopping with Nikki. Got my ear talked off by Angelo. Witnessed a food fight. And got embarrassed by a few kids."

Dad chuckled. "Now you know how I feel."

I went to grab Marcus's hand but he moved out of my reach. That hurt. "I think I'm gonna go take a shower and turn in early," I stated. I gave Marcus one last look as I asscended the stairs. I know I didn't do anything wrong, but I had this gut-wrenching feeling I betrayed him. I didn't like it. Frowning, I continued up the stairs and into my bathroom.

After I felt like I couldn't get any cleaner, I stepped out of the shower, wrapping the fluffy pink towel around me and stepped up to the mirror, wiping away the condensation off to look at my reflection. I picked up the comb and racked it through my blonde strands. Something changed back there. Though I'm not sure what it was, something definitely changed. I wasn't so sure if it was a good change either.

I exited the bathroom, and was met with Marcus sitting hunched over on my bed. Though I felt like I should yell at him to get out of my room while I changed, I didn't. Instead, I walked into my closet and got dressed into my pajamas behind the doors. "What's on your mind, Marcus?" I whispered, knowing he'd hear me.'

He took a few moments to answer me. "I'm gonna lose you, aren't I?"

I think my heart just crushed. I pulled up my pants around my hips and opened the doors. "Why would you think that?" I asked softly. I joined him on my bed, taking one of his hands into mine.

He looked me in the eyes. "You enjoyed your time with him, Holly. You're first day with him. You talked about his pack members like they were your friends. Do you remember how long it took for you to accpet me and my pack?"

"Not that long-"

"Longer than it should of, Holly. Longer than it has for him and his pack."

I squeezed his hand. "Marcus, you're worked up. You're turning nothing, into something. Yes, I actually did enjoy spending time with Reagan, even if I didn't want to or shouldn't have. But, Marcus, that doesn't mean anything. You know that. It takes more than just having fun to get me to trust and love someone." Marcus looked at me in shock. "What?" I asked.

"Did you just say, what I think you said?" he sounded hopeful, and it wasn't for nothing.

"Yes, Marcus."

He kissed me gently. "Say it." He leaned his forehead against mine. "Please, say it."

"I love you, Marcus. You drive me crazy sometimes, but I love you."

He let out a short chuckle and smiled, drawing me into a more passionate kiss. One my dad would not be please to witness. "I love you, too," he replied.

I drew away and Marcus ran his hand through my damp hair. I loved the feel of his fingers running through the strands. It was soothing. "You've got nothing to worry about," I stated. Somehow, I felt like I just lied to him.

I went to sleep shortly after Marcus left, and was surprised to find my dreams were not being invaded. It was nice. I'm glad Reagan kept to his promise. However, I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't go back to sleep. I took a throw blanket, made me some hot chocolate and headed out back to sit out on the porch. I listened as the crickets chripped and watched the random bat or two flying around catching its meal. I couldn't help but notice the glowing pair of eyes watching me from the trees. "Hello, Reagan."

The eyes blinked.

"Stalking me in your wolf form now, since you're not allowed to in my dreams?"

Another blink.

"You gonna come over here and talk to me, or are you content with just being creepy?"

The eyes disappeared and a moment later, Reagan walked out. "Kind of thought you'd want me to keep my distance," he implied.

"I do. Just not with you being creepy in another way. Sit." I nodded to the available chair next to me.

Reagan took the seat and stared out to the cloudless sky. "So, how mad was he?" he smirked.

"He wasn't too thrilled I had a good time," I replied.

He looked at me. "And did you?"

I gave a short laugh. "Yeah, surprisingly."

He laughed. "It's the pups, ain't it?"

I burried my face in my hands. "Ugh, they embarrassed me. Are they always like that?"

"All the time," he stated. He took my mug of chocolate and took a sip. "Nikki's looking foward to your guy's shopping trip, she wants to bring a friend - said you could bring someone too. Even if it's Tilly."

I raised my eyebrows. "Really?"

"Yeah, well, Demarco kind of brought it up."

"Ah, I see."

Reagan looked at me intensly. "Look, Holly. I'm not trying to ruin your and Marcus's lives. Honestly. I'm just trying to save you both from a more painful heartach." I looked at him. Surprised from the quick subject change. "I wish things could be different, that this could play out differently, but it can't."

I felt a tear threatening to show itself and stood up, tightening the blanket around me. "Somehow, Reagan, I don't believe that." I nodded to the mug. "You can have the rest. I'll get it in the morning." I opened the door and slipped in, heading to my room.

A/N: Ok Alpha lovers, I'm gonna stop there tonight. I've got plenty of free time tomorrow so I'll be putting the next chapter up sometime then. Laters :)