TAOM (9)

Swimming with Marcus was fun. Before I knew it, the next day came and gone and it was time to meet Reagan at the clearing and do the one thing I hated most.

"Where you going in such a hurry, Holly?" mom's voice rang out from the kitchen. She was in the middle of making chicken for dinner.

My hand hoovered over the front door knob. "Out!" I called back.

"Out where?" She came around the corner, wiping her hands on a small towel.

"Just out. I'll be back in time for dinner." Before she could answer, I hurried out the door.

I was at the clearing in no time, and even managed to beat Reagan there. I must have been waiting at least five minutes before I finally saw his wolf emerge from the trees. Before I knew what was happening, Reagan's bones started to pop. He was shifting right in front of me?! In horror, I let out a squeak and quickly turned away. Slapping my hand over my eyes in the process.

"What are you doing?!" There was more cracks and pops, the sound sickening to my ears. Then a hand landed on my shoulder, urging me to turn around. "Not on your life, mister - you're naked!"

Reagan let out a chuckle. I wanted to slap him. "You're gonna have to get used to it, Holly."

I still refused to face him. "Seeing you naked?!"

Another laugh. "Well, that too, but I mean seeing people in the nude in general."

"No I don't."

He let out a sigh. "Holly, I'm trying to help get comfortable with what you are. Getting comfortable around someone who isn't wearing any clothes, and being comfortable without any clothes is part of it." He managed to turn me around, but I kept my eyes covered. Grabbing hold of my wrists, he tried to lower them. "You don't have to look below my waist, you know." I could hear the smirk in his voice. He got my hands to my sides, but I squeezed my eyes closed. "Holly," placing a finger under my chin, he lifted my face up to meet his, "open your eyes," he urged softly.

I couldn't help it, my eyes started to peel open and I was looking directly into his grass green eyes.

"There, that wasn't so hard, now was it?"

I didn't answer.

"Now," he clapped his hands together, rubbing them excitedly, a smile started to stretch his lips. "You ready?"

No. "Sure, why not?"

We started out slow. He would turn into his wolf, then back into a man, then wolf and man again. I watched the entire time, though I was still a little embarrassed to see him without a stitch on, but it did get easier each time. When he turned into his human self one last time, he exclaimed that it was my turn. Taking a deep breath, I nodded slowly. I could do this, I've done it before - only this time, it felt a bit different. This seemed to intimate. I started to turn to the trees, intending to change behind one of them, but Reagan stopped me.

"You shouldn't hide, Holly."

I faced him, making sure to keep up head up so I met his eyes. "I can't change in front of you - it's too..."

"We're working on making you comfortable, remember?" He held out his hand and motioned for me to come back. "I won't look at anything below your neck, ok?" I didn't move. "I promise."

I looked at the trees longingly before I turned back and came closer to him.

"That's my girl."

"Watch it, Reagan." I waited. "Aren't you going to turn around?"

His lips twitched. "Nope."

I could piratically feel my jaw drop. "Fine." I turned so my back was to him, ignoring the light growl that rumbled in his throat. Oh, whatever. Slowly, I started to unbutton my top, letting it slip down my shoulders and then shimmied out of my jeans - leaving me in just my bra and panties. Unclasping the bra, I started to get self conscious. I placed it on top of my jeans and shirt before doing the same with my panties. I looked over my shoulder to make sure Reagan wasn't looking - I was met with green eyes looking directly into my own.

"You ready?" he asked.

I nodded slowly, before lowering myself to the ground. Deep breathes, Holly. Deep breathes. I let my muscles relax before tensing up as the first crack went through my right arm. I hardly noticed Reagan coming up to me, until he started rubbing my back. Pain, that's all I could feel. But Reagan's soothing help a little. The pain wasn't as intense as previous times, but it was definitely there. I whimpered as fire flowed threw my veins. Deep breathes, Holly. Deep breathes.

The fire subsided and the pain eased away as I stood on shaky legs. Then I collapsed to the ground. Reagan sat next to me and began to run his fingers over my grey and white fur.

"Take your time, Holly. When you're ready you can turn back."

I wasn't ready, not even close. Minutes passed before Reagan decided to turn back into his wolf. Lowering himself back down next to me, he pressed his side against mine. He gave my muzzle a good lick before he he rested his head on my shoulders. I would have to talk to him about that wolf kiss once I turned back.

We continued to lay there for a while longer. I finally stood up, making Reagan move his head, and lightly nipped at him. I was ready for some exercise. When he didn't move, I casually walked over to him, turned, then let my tail whip across his face. That got his attention. Hearing his playful growl, I took off to the tress.

I could hear Reagan's thudding paws behind me. Too close. I dodged to the left as I felt the air shift from him about to pounce. He landed on the ground, rolling in a messy ball of fur. Yipping in laughter, I ran deeper into the woods. Several yards away, I looked over my shoulder to see how close he was now. He wasn't there. I looked to my left, nothing but trees. I stopped. Before I could look around, a giant mass slammed into me from the right, causing me to lose my balance. Tumbling over fallen leaves until I was on my back and Reagan's wolf hoovered over me. His face got closer to mine. I turned, making him stumble back a bit, then took off back to the clearing. It was time to go back to being human.

After the pain subsided again, and I could see my human arms and legs, I quickly got dressed, ignoring the strain that consumed my body. Once clothed I turned around to see a half dressed Reagan. I cut him off as he was about to say something.

"Now," I crossed my arms, glaring at him, "about that lick to my face."

He smirked. "You liked it," he said confidently.

"It's gross."

"It's affection."

"It's gross," I repeated.

"Another thing we need to make you comfortable with?" His smile was annoying.

I gave him a hard look. "I need to get home."

"Same time tomorrow?"

I took a moment to answer. "Yeah. I'll meet you here. Don't be late," I said accusingly.

"Wouldn't dream of it."

A/N: Ok guys. Plan is to update every Saturday since work is a little less crazy now. After January I should be able to update a little more often. I'm hoping, if all goes according to plan, to have TAOM completed by the end of summer 2016. I even plan to update everyday when I take my vacation since I will actually have the time and motivation. If you are waiting on Stalked to be updated, I plan to do so on Sundays and have it finished by fall 2016. I'm so sorry for the wait - and I know I say that every time - but with my life it's hard to have the time, motivation, and energy to do so. Again, I will finish all my stories, and post new ones, it will just take some time.

!!!If you don't want to continue reading this until it's finished so you don't have to keep waiting for updates, come back in September 2016- it should be done by then. Book 3 of 4 will be uploaded sometime shortly after!!!