chapter 4: Damean institute for the talented teens

• Dedicated to Abigail Milby

Recap

 “Your not in our homegroup.” She said and I froze. I had forgotten about that! I was going to be in so much trouble!

I grabbed my bad and timetable and got out the class room running toward the one I was meant to be in.

I WAS IN SO MUCH TROUBLE!

 ***

I looked at the walls as I was hurrying down the hall way, or rather show boxes with loads of trophies that covered the walls. There were many of them for basket ball; so many that the basket ball trophies alone covered half the hallway, and probably many other hallways. It was weird to see this school so normal considering I just witnessed something supernatural.

What surprised me was the fact that I wasn’t really surprised about it, more like I expected to see something similar. Not only that, but it actually felt weird that the guys fighting out there would participate in something as normal as basket ball. After all, it’s not every day you get to see guys water controlling pro’s playing basketball.

But I couldn’t really say much seeing as I wasn’t a basket ball fan. Forget that, I wasn’t even a sport fan, so probably every other person who was good at sport would get me wondering ‘how weird is that?’I just wasn’t built for something of that sort, and I wasn’t going to stretch my luck. It was bad enough that I couldn’t walk straight, so I took the hint that it would be even worse if I ran or did something equally physical.

I walked till the exit of the hallway where I stopped short. In front of me there were two pathways and I didn’t know which one would lead me to my homeroom. I mentally kicked myself, in my hurry I forgot to ask Katie the way.

I slid my bag open, looking for the timetable I was absolutely sure the receptionist said there was a map attached to the timetable. I found my timetable, only to find out that there was no map attached to it. I looked up toward the ceiling and silently asked God what I had done to deserve this?! Panicky I searched through my bag again making sure I hadn’t missed it.

 As I was searching the bag I heard whistling and paused, relieved I wouldn’t have to find my way in this confusing place. I looked up to see a mop of messy black hair. Just my luck! Of all the people in the whole wide world, did it have to be him? I silently wondered how long exactly took to just reach this hallway, considering Brett was already going back.

“Lost your way, sleeping beauty?” he said in his deep voice, lips set into a smirk. I looked at him with wide eyes, surprised. How did he know?

“uh.. no?” I stuttered out, ducking my head to cover my blush. I meant that to come out as a sentence but my brain my must have meant otherwise because it sounded more like a question. I also noticed what he called me: sleeping beauty. The naughty part of my brain immediately registered it and was jumping for joy. But the other, responsible part of me thought why it mattered whatever he called me. I blushed realising the naughty part of me was taking over, making me curious.

 “Why did you call me sleeping beauty?” I blurted out. My eyes widened as I realised what I just asked him, and my palm slapped on my mouth, my face heating furiously. I guess I wasn’t very good with peer pressure; in this case, it was my own brain pressuring me.

 I looked up to see him raising one eyebrow, smirking at me with an amused look on his face. I stumbled backward, when I saw him taking slow steps toward me. My eyes widened when I realised he backed me against the wall. Now I had no place to move, where as he was still taking little steps toward me frighteningly slowly. We were almost chest to chest, and all I could do was stare at him wide eyed, He still looked like he was enjoying himself with my reaction. All I could think of was ‘such a player!!’