Chapter 5

Daydream away part 5

I walked down stairs with Juliet after she finished forcing me into a pair of black heels. Peter was waiting in the living room.

"You look amazing." he said looking me up and down.

"Thanks"I said

"I'll see you two at the party then" Juliet said. She gave Peter a look as if to say take care of her tonight or I'll kill you.

"So where's Alex?" I asked

"he went to go pick up Lisa"

"oh okay then" I said as we got into the car.

The ride to the party was awkward. I felt like I wanted to hug Peter. Seeing his scars really surprised me. I was the only one who knew about them.

"What are you thinking about?" Peter asked bringing me back to reality.

"When did you first start cutting?" I asked quietly.

"Two years ago. To be honest I don't remember how it got so bad" he said without looking at me.

"Oh" I said. Why did I just ask that?

"how about you then?" he asked noticing my reaction

"Um, when I was a freshman my step dad would always comment on my weight and when ever I would try to go on a diet he would say that I had an eating disorder and now him and my mom are on my ass about everything and, I'm rambling aren't I?" I said stopping my self. He laughed.

"it's fine. If it helps I think that you're perfect the way you are" he said giving me a smile

"Thanks" I said blushing as we pulled onto Marco's driveway. "hey this might sound weird but can I hang with you tonight?" he smiled

"I was hopin that you would ask that" he took my hand and we walked into the house. "do you want something to drink?"

"Sure." I said and he walked away.

"Why haven't you called me back?" I jumped and turned to see Matt standing there behind me

"I have nothing to say." I said trying to keep my voice strong.

"We need to talk" he sounded mad.

"no we don't" I said and noticed Peter had come back. He handed me a wine cooler and leaned down to whisper something in my ear.

"Giggle as if I said something cute and he'll walk away" I did as he said and Matt glared at him and walked away.

"Thanks" I said weakly.

"Come on lets go dance" he pulled me over to where everyone was dancing. Peter was making me laugh as he started dancing like a maniac but some how it looked like he could dance. Comin to this party seemed like it wasn't such a bad idea. That was until 'daydream away' by all time low started playing. This was mine and matt's song. Peter notice that something was wrong.

"Everything okay Sam?" he asked

"This was our song" I said. "Matt probably put it on"

"Wanna shove it back in his face?"

"How?" he grabbed my hand

"May I have this dance?" he asked. I nodded and smiled. He placed my hand on to his shoulder and put his hands on my waist. I thought that I would be thinking of Matt the whole time but I didn't. I couldn't stop thinking about how right this felt. I was smiling like a fool.

"What?" Peter asked me smiling.

"Nothing" I said.

"Tell me" he said and began tickling me.

"Stop!" I squealed.

"Then tell me" he said

"fine" he stopped "I was just thinking about how I never felt like his with Matt"

"Is that a bad thing?" he asked.

"No" I said and our locked eyes "It's a great thing" he smiled.

"You're beautiful" he whispered. Then he brought his face down to mine and...

--------------

Sorry it took so long. Hope you enjoyed this chapter.