Chapter four

"Can I at least get out of this building?" I asked one of the men standing guard like I was a prisoner they had to protect. They put me back in this bared area after I woke up mainly because Raphael had to leave and they don't really trust me.

  "No," All I was getting was one word answers.

  "Why not. I'm not going to kill anyone, you don't have to babysit me." I huffed.

  "No," One word answer again.

  I pulled slightly on the bar, "please!" I begged I wished I could just like teleport myself out. "I have to call my friend she was waiting for me." I lied this is what kidnappers would have feared someone waiting up for them.

  "Too bad." Oh a two word answer.

  "Can you just let me go?!?!" I yelled banging on the bars and they fell to the ground holy shit, I was stronger then I thought.

  Before anyone reacted I was going I knew they were Vampires and fast so I had to get out the clock in my wrist said it was 5 pm so the sun was up.

  I ran to the roof exit and flung the door open I hoped out and looked for the fire escape. Climbing down and running to my car, the keys were thankfully still there and I drove off not giving it another thought. I guess my brain finally processed things I started to freak out.

  I didn't know where to go so I called my friend Lana.

  It rang three times then she picked up.

  'Hey, I've been calling you where are you?'

  'Oh my god Lana you'll never guess what just happened, first I went to this creepy building then I was kidnapped by Vampires then I busted down steel bars and I don't know what to do now.'

  'What!?!?! Don't move I'll be there soon!'

  'You don't even know where I...'

  Then she hung up, just like that. How the hell could she find me if she didn't know where I was.

🕞

  An hour later the weirdest thing happened I saw her turn the corner on her motorcycle. I stared at her in a 'what the hell' kind of shock. And then in front of me was Raphael. He opened the passenger's door.

  "Drive," he hissed and I did as he said all the way back to the building.

  He pulled my inside, "what were you doing?!" He yelled.

  "I was waiting for my friend she was right in behind of us." I said.

  "Your friend is a warlock hired by the Clave to make sure you never remember your past." He hissed.

  "No, she's my friend." I repeated.

  "Sure," he said rolling his eyes.

  "You know I really don't like being locked up in a cage." I said trying to change the subject.

  "I know you'd rather be off making the world a better place, right?" He smiled pushing a piece of hair behind my ear.

  "So why'd they take my memories or what ever?" I asked.

  "You sided with us," he said he eyes glowing, " the downworlders. You turned on them. They thought that you were under my spell," he laughed.

  "Why," I asked. He seemed to be getting closer every time he talked he was just a few inches away from my lips.

  "They said we were the ultimate power couple or something like that," he smiled showing his teeth.

  "Were we?" I asked making myself inch forward slightly.

  "You tell me." He stated. Our lips were just barly touching.

  "I don't have any memory. Why don't you tell me." I smiled, then his lips pressed softly to mine. It all came back to me not in chunks in all rushed it it didn't even give me a change to bask in the memories, I was already set on what I was going to do.

  "Magnus Bane," I growled. And then I was gone I got in my car and drove I didn't know where he was but I was going to find him.

🕠

  I was outside a church, this was the shadowhunter base for New York. I didn't know if he'd be here but I knew someone here would know where he was. Buy wouldn't it be great if I just walked and and was like 'hello bitchs' I wish I could tottaly do it like 'I'm back bitchs'.

  I walked and and there she was Lana standing there with two men. Raphael was right.

  "Ocean!" She yelled but she didn't really look too happy.

  I looked at my arm my runes started to peak out from my skin didn't really know that could happen but it was cool so whatever, "Lana," I said fake happy, "what a surprise to see you here." I fake smiled.

  "Ocean your not welcome here." She stated.

  "You know people keep telling me that. How werid." I was angry mostly because she was like a spy she knew everything about me or old me and I guess old old me too.

  "Where's Jace and Alec?" She asked quickly to a man standing near by.

  He shrugged, "find them!" She shouted a little too loud if you ask my.

  "You know someone told me you were never really my friend, now I can see it." Okay I was kind of pissed and trying to not rip of her head right now.

  "Never trust a Vampire." She stated.

  "Oh right because you can talk." I said rolling my eye secretly.

  "You know you kind of a bitch." She was not at all who she pretended to be.

  "Ouch, that hurt." I smiled.

  "What do you think your doing here?!" Ms.lightwood asked she always told me to call her that she never really liked me.

  "Oh I was in the neighborhood and just thought I'd drop by and say hello." Truth ID I never really liked her either.

  "The Clave had your memories removed." She stated, like I didn't already know that.

  "I could tell, just not very well." I said as Alec turned the corner with Jace hot on his tale.

  "You shouldn't be here. We're in a very difficult time." She said.

  "Right I almost forgot. So what are you doing together my sister back," I asked as Issy and a girl showed up behind Alec.

  "We can't do anything without the location of Valentine. How would you even know about that?" She asked.

  "Well a few weeks ago a got a very strange letter it was strange at the time. But today it all made sense." I smiled looking Alec's way and back to her, " Well I must be off. Raphael is waiting." I said turning around, I knew they'd try and stop me two guys already had their  weapons out.

  Somehow and don't ask how I pulled out a sword and was already attacking three seconds later they were down. I didn't kill them though I wish I did but I know what that would have caused then I started for the door, "oh and tell Magnus I say hi," then I left and drove away without looking back.