Chapter 5: Being the Luna

Shayla's POV

"Yes! There is a problem with me changing when you're in the same room! It's the invasion of personal privacy, so stop thinking dirty thoughts!" I yell at Chase. I had picked out what to wear, but he insisted in staying in the room whilst I change. I'll be honest and admit that part of me wanted him to since we were mates, but the other part of me knew it won't be much of a good idea since he's nothing but a player and the infuriating person I grew up with.

"No there isn't! Unless you want me to help you change," he gives me a sly smile.

"Fine, I'll just change in the bathroom," I end up saying. I take the pair of black and silver pants with a white simple Abercrombie and Fitch t-shirt into the bathroom, locking the door. Quickly changing, I head back outside the door, and find Chase shirtless.

"What shirt should I wear?" he asks. Being the person I am, I couldn't help but scan his perfect abs, "You know I can't just go shirtless." he smirks.

"I think a trash-bag would look good on you," I grunt. I head over to my table and clasp on a black and silver braided choker I had made with a silver moon charm.

"Put on the shirt for me?" Chase huskily asks beside my ear.

"No, do it yourself," I reply, putting on my black and silver bracelets and picking out a pair of black knee-high lace up boots. I take a few strands of my hair on the left and tie them into a braid, then clip it to the back of my head and grumpily head over to Ashlyn's room.

"ASH! LET MOI IN!" I yell, mixing English with French. I heard the shuffling of footsteps as the door opened.

"Would it ever cross your mind that your brother and I might've been making out?" Ash hisses jokingly.

"Nope!" I pop the 'P' and walk inside the room, "I came here to ask you love birds if there can somehow be a way for me to escape this whole entire Luna thing?" I hopefully ask.

"Nope!" Ash responds, imitating me.

"But I don't even want to be related to Chase!" I complain, "I still keep dreaming about the guy I love..."

Chase's POV

Once Shayla left the room, I went to see my bros.

"There he is! The next Alpha who left us all alone yesterday!" exclaims Jake as I barge into his room.

"Yeah! Where were you man?" asks Evan.

"Met my mate," I grumble, taking a seat next to Logan.

"So you spent your whole day banging her?" smirks Evan.

"For someone who spent the whole day banging his mate, he doesn't seem so happy. Not a good fuck?" Logan frowns.

"No, she rejected me." I sigh.

"Who is it?" Jake asks curiously.

"The one and only Shayla Hale," the one who has hated me her whole entire life, I mentally add.

"But isn't she going to be Luna?"

"Yeah, an unwilling Luna," I mutter.

"Did you guys even kiss?"

"I kissed her once, then she pushed me off, then she kissed me, but left as quickly as she ran away."

"I bet she's just confused, I mean, she's never had a boyfriend right? You were probably her first kiss or something."

"You haven't heard the worst part, she rejected me so many times guys! Its like she's stabbing me with star-iron!" I yelled. The thought of star-iron made me shiver; star-iron is the only thing able to kill and harm a wolf without it healing like it should.