Chapter 2: Golden Speckles

Chase's POV

'Guess what Chase Anderson. I reject you. I will never love you.' Shayla snarled through our mate bond.

I felt all her emotions: confusion, anger, hatred, vulnerabilty. That is all it took for my heart to crumble down into a million pieces. I wasn't used to girls not wanting me, hell, I never even thought my own MATE would reject me!

'You're beautiful, you know that?' I whisper to her. I always thought she was beautiful. She wasn't like other girls who wore layers of cake on their faces.

'Not working,' she growled in response. I reluctantly got off her, and my wolf immediately longed for her touch.

'Get over it, she doesn't want us," I say to my depressed wolf.

Shayla immediately got up to her paws and ran away from me and to a thick tree. She shifted back into human form, as pretty as ever. Her clothes fit tightly against her skin, and I fought the urge to just hold her in my arms.

"Listen, Anderson, if you really want me, you're going to have to stop your player antics," she spat. She turned around and started running back in the direction towards the pack house. But I had noticed something weird in her eyes. Her brown eyes... No, they weren't brown anymore... There were golden speckles on it...

'Shayla! You're a magic user!' I yell at her through mind link. She immediately stops and turns to look back at me.

"Haha, very funny," she says flatly. I nudge her with my snout towards the pond.

'Look at your eyes, it's outlined with gold. Plus there's gold speckles too.' I say softly.

"I thought magic users don't exist anymore..." she mutters.

'They're just rare," I say. I shift just as she turns back to look at me. Her eyes wander around my body as I happened to be wearing a tight fitting white t-shirt.

"See something you like?" I smirk.

"Here comes the arrogant side of you," she mutters. Ignoring the insult, I smirk and look at her.

"We have to tell my father," I say.

"Why do I have to tell the Alpha when I don't even know my powers yet?" she retorts.

"He should know that you are a magic user and that you are my mate."

"I'm not your mate."

"Yeah you are.

"No I'm not."

"Really? Then what about this?" I placed my lips on hers and pressed her body against mine.

Shayla's POV

I was envoloped in his arms, his hands around my waist, but not like the kind yesterday. This was a generous hug, not intended to hurt or trap me or anything. Why did this feel nice? Almost like I like it? Oh, and he's kissing me. Chase f***ing Anderson is kissing me. And I know I like it.

WAIT. CHASE ANDERSON IS KISSING ME?

I should shove him off.

Wait but there are sparks.

But I don't like him!

But he's my mate!

Wow I said 'my' mate.

I pulled away from him once I had regained my senses.

'Why the heck did you break the kiss? It was so good!!!' My wolf complains and I roll my eyes.

"Your charms don't work on me," I smirk at him, "and if you'll excuse me, I'm off to see the Alpha," I strut away - yes, strut - and headed to the Alpha's office, knocking at the door.

"Come in," he replies. I enter his large office.

"Alpha Jacobs," I politely address, "I have found my mate, and I have also found out that I'm a magic user."

Suddenly, a distant voice of Alpha Jacobs came into my mind, although we weren't in wolf form: A magic user... How convenient... She must be destined...

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"I didn't say anything," responds Alpha Jacobs, confused.

"No, you said, 'A magic user, how convenient, she must be destined.'" I quote.

"No, I only thought that. Perhaps your power is as a mind-reader!" he exclaims.

"But I don't know how to control it, everything seems so loud, I hear everyone..." Including Chase. WAIT. INCLUDING CHASE?

Right on cue, he enters the room.

"Hey dad, I see you've met my mate," he smirks his trademark smirk at me.

Real smooth Chase, real smooth...

- - - - - - -

Hey lovlies!

Thanks so much for reading the second chapter! Hope you liked it :) I promise the next chapter will be up within 6 days! :)