Chapter 2.

I woke to someone shaking me I open my eyes and saw Marcia.

"I want to show you something, get up" she says turning and walking out of my room. I get up and follow her. She leads me to the beach. It's still dark but the suns starting to rise. When we get to the beach I was left speechless. You could see the sun rising over the ocean, the colours were amazing.

"It's beautiful" I say, shocked.

"I know, I watch the sun rise every morning, you should get dressed we have to leave soon" she say's gesturing towards camp. I nod and start making my way back. Once I'm dressed I eat my breakfast and we make our way to the labs.

"Since you're new, I can hang around in your lab. I was one of the first to arrive unlike Marcia" a woman said standing beside me. I think back to last night, Rosemarie.

"That would be very nice of you" I say taking my eyes away from Marcia to look at Rosemarie. She had very short spiky hair and had a piercing at the top of her ear. Marcia, on the other hand, had long red hair, small silver studs and glasses.

"See you round, Marcia" I say gently touching her arm.

"Yeah" she replied blushing from my touch. I follow Rosemarie to a lab.

"This is yours" she told me opening the door. I go inside and look around it was bigger than the other labs.

I spent the day working and writing down my progress. By the time it was time to leave I was exhausted. I walked back to camp slowly. When I arrived back Marcia was playing the piano. I walked over to her.

"Can you play fur Elise?" I asked. She shook her head.

"Stand up and I'll show you" I told her, she stood up and I sat down. I started playing. When I was finished Marcia was nearly in tears.

"That's beautiful" she whispered. Standing up I said

"I'm going to say hi to some of the scientists I didn't meet last night" she nodded. I started walking over to a group that I've seen around but haven't met yet when Rosemarie came over to me.

"Hey" she said

"Hi" I replied looking around for an escape route. Rosemarie gets on my nerves with her constant chatter. Before I could get away she kissed me. Then she pulled back and ran off. Rosemarie kissed me. I don't even like her!