Chapter 8: The Fun is Just Beginning

"They should be right about...here." Bonnie pointed to a spot on the map from which her locator spell led her to. 

"The Lockwood Cellars." Stefan acknowledged. Bonnie nodded.

"Ok, so, you will lure Damon in," he first instructed to Sheriff Forbes." I'll tend to Riley," Stefan added.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What would look better blue or red?" Riley pointed to a picture of a blouse that had been featured in a local magazine.

"Go to hell." Elena rasped.

Riley turned back to her magazine,"Red then."

"What about this one? Purple or oran-" Riley was cut of by the sound of footsteps drawing nearer to their section of the cellar.

"Let her go Riley." 

"Steffy! How good of you to join us, you know I've been waiting for days. Jeez, you'd think after a hundred something years you'd learn your manners and show up on time," she sighed and threw her magazine to the side.

"I said, let her go." Stefan repeated.

"Lighten up, have a drink, sit down. The fun is just beginning," Riley smirked. "Now, as I told your little girlfriend, I want you out of my business."

"Deal, now let Elena go." he prompted.

Riley waved her finger at him,"No,no,no. Don't think I'll let you off too easily." She began to walk over to Elena. "You see, as I've come to notice, Elena can get a little emotionally unstable at times. She's not a real vampire. She needs to not feel so guilty all the time. You know what I mean?" she laughed.

"No, I don't" Stefan growled.

"Well, you should. Now, I gave Elena a little present. One she needed oh so badly, and she refused at first, but she eventually gave in." Explained Riley playing with Elena's hair, knowing she couldn't do a thing about it, even though she was clearly aggravated at this.

"What is she talking about?" Stefan looked into Elena's eyes which were filled with tears and were bloodshot from not sleeping.

Elena sniffled,"I killed someone, Stefan."

Stefan was clearly shocked, though his surprise quickly turned to rage. Stefan stood and marched over to Riley. "Give her to me, now." Stefan's voice was low and ominous, although this seemed to amuse Riley.

"Aww, its so cute how you and Damon both are so goo goo eyed over one silly girl." she laughed. "Its pathetic." 

"You were the same." Stefan narrowed his eyes. "You did anything for Damon. That's pathetic."

The amusement faded from Riley's face and he knew it had upset her, Riley was standing in front of Stefan, her arms stretched out in a choke hold on Stefan. Her eyes were wide with anger, "I never loved him!" Riley released him, but she had a crazed look overtaking her. "I'll show you I don't care!" Just then, Riley darted over to Elena and pulled out the stake she had in her boot and stabbed her furiously in the heart.

Just then, Damon arrived with Liz, his expression starting to crumble. "Elena?" Riley whipped around, her facial expressions returning to its normal form and she dropped the now bloody stake in her hand. 

"What have you done?" Damon mumbled and ran over to her. Then, he sat down on one knee and cradled Elena in his arms.

Riley stood motionless, a look of pure horror spreading through her face. "Damon, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it, I-I," she searched for the words.

Damon gently set down Elena's body and flashed in front of Riley. He threw his arm out and wrapped it around Riley's neck a fire blazing in his blue eyes. "You are going to pay," he growled, Riley had tears streaming down her cheeks and even though she knew she could easily take Damon on, she chose to let him do what he wanted for she knew she had made an awful mistake.

"She deserves to die," Stefan cut in.

Damon turned to his brother, and nodded. "I want to be the one who rips her heart out myself." his nostrils flared as he glared at Riley, whose eyes were pleading for forgiveness, though she knew she wouldn't receive it.

"Damon please. Don't do this." she begged.

Damon raised his arm to rip out her heart, though she grabbed his hand and pried it off herself before flashing away.

Damon flashed after her in pursuit. "Get back here so you can get what you deserve!" Damon shouted after stopping for a moment outside in the forest up above the cellars.

"They set me up."

Damon turned and started towards Riley, but she stopped him. "Wait, they set me up. I know they did."

"And where's your proof?" Damon replied with great ferocity.

Riley sighed, her cheeks were bright red and puffy from tears, "I don't have any, but you have to trust me."

"Why would I trust you of all people?" he demanded.

Riley looked him in the eye,"Because you are my friend."