Chapter 25: Meant To Be

A/n: Tell me, how long did you wait for my update? Did a month pass already? If it did, sorry about that.

The lazy side took over me. I'll have to apologize cause I did not edit this chapter. I honestly planned to not make an author's note cause I'm too lazy but I just had to say sorry so yeah...

Enjoy the chapter.

----/----/----/----

Chapter 25: Meant To Be

Jack

"Hey." I smiled awkwardly to her.

"Hey." She just answered.

I opened my mouth to say something but I didn't know what to say. I just wanted to talk to her but now it kinda feels awkward after what happened last time.

"So.... my dad's back." She said.

"Really? From where?" I asked.

"Oh. You know. From....." Elsa paused for a moment, probably thinking of that place where her dad used to work. "I forgot, it's somewhere out of town." She laughed.

"Oh. Cool." I replied sitting next to her.

Today's Thursday, classes already ended and Elsa was still there, sitting on their usual spot at the plantbox in front of our classroom. Anna just left and she was about to leave too but I guess she spotted me and stayed there at her seat for a little while as I wait for Anna to go. And now both of us are sitting there.

"Jack. You wouldn't mind if we stopped hanging out frequently would you? You know, since dad's already here I figured that we-"

"Yeah. I totally understand." I smiled. Shit, how do you respond without sounding nervous?

"Really? You wouldn't mind? Cause that means the only time we get to spend together is like this. After class or even during class when talking about school stuffs and all that?" Elsa asked.

"Yeah." I said trying not to frown. That means less time with her.

I was so determined she felt the same to me that time before I confessed. I swear. I thought it would end up like those shows I saw, when the guy confesses and then the girl also will confess and they end up together. But she didn't even respond to me, she just stared at me.

I thought, if we could spend more time I'll finally get her. But right now, I think the opposite is about to happen.

"Well, that's great. Thank you so much for understanding." She smiled widely. Which also sort of made me smile.

"Anything for you." I said kissing her cheek which made her blush a bit. Fuck Jack, don't assume that it's cause she likes you too. It might be because you rarely kiss her now.

Wait, the second one didn't really sound right. But oh well. Just stop assuming. It will lead you to nothing.

"Well, I better go. It's already late." She smiled. "Yeah sure." I said as we both stood up.

"Oh and Jack." She said. "What?" I faced her.

"I've been meaning to tell you this for a long time." Elsa said fiddling with the ends of her braided hair.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I Uh..... I...... forget it. I already forgot." She said as she blushed hard. I unknowingly smirked.