Chapter 3

Hey people,

This chapter is really long, as I couldn't find a good enough cliffhanger, until I wrote the bit at the end...

Enjoy Chapter 3 :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                               Mel's POV

Jesse opened his door fully, and ran into the woods nextdoor to the school, at a blurring rate. 

Even my eyes had trouble with seeing exactly where he was.

I ran as fast as I could after him, not think about anything else but Jesse. Jesse. Jesse

"Mel!" I heard Beth's call behind me. I didn't answer.

"Mel, where are you going?" She thought to me.

I ignored her questions, but replied to them all with the one word that made me run even faster: "Jesse,"

Beth took off after me, understanding what I meant.

"If he's that important to you, I'll help you look for him." Beth thought, now running alongside me at our speed, to fast for the human eye.

After a few minutes, Beth saw curly brown curly hair, buried in ivory masculine hands.

"There!" Beth cried in thriumph in her thoughts; not wanting to scare Jesse off.

"Beth, wait here please." I thought back, holding out a hand behind me to keep her put.

Beth nodded, and Jesse turned with his back now facing us, not his side as it was before he heard my 'voice'.

                                                                     Jesse's POV

"What do you want with a half-breed like me?" I asked aloud in discust. I heard Mel's short gasp of shock, which made me wince.

Beth had gone back to our cars. Her aura had faded to a faint glow in the back of my mind.

"Muchas gracias," Mel thought to Beth.

"Es nada, mi hermana,"   I heard Beth's faint reply in spanish, 'It's nothing, sister,'  and realised they weren't completely English. That made three of us. 

"Look, Jesse, I'm sorry I looked into the wrong memory. But I'll tell oyu something I haven't told anyone else:..." Mel bit her lip, then continued within her thoughts,  "I love you, Jesse."

I looked up at her, part of me in discust from the memorry, but it was being quickly taken over by the amazment and awe of those four words: Mel loved me.

She smiled weakly, understanding my thoughts. 

"I love you too, Mel," I thought, then continued out loud, "But why did you look into that particular memory? I don't even remember that one all that well. I just remember the taste of of the...blood,"

                                                                             Mel's POV

I could feel Jesse's aura getting thirsty, and my throat burned in response, making me wince a little.

Jesse saw my aura becoming black with thirst, and his expression changed immediatly.

"I'm sorry," Jesse said, standing up and hugging me. "There's a bank not far from here,"