Threats

Thanks everyone for your comments and more!!! I appreciate them heaps. 

Sorry for the late upload, I've been so bloody busy today; I woke up and the house was a mess thanks to the bf's brother GRRRR I'm like a maid, cleaning up the house for 5 hours everyday... I'm sick of it, and it's cleaning up after the bro in law... He's nearly 18 for shits sake...

I've also been busy trying to find my makeup kit... it's from ebay, its amazing and it's just dissapeared -.- So not happy. 

Anyway, hope you lot enjoy!!!!

***Xavier***

A knock at my door woke me up from my slumber, I looked around; groggy from the sleep. I was in my office, piles of paper on my desk. I groaned, I must have fallen asleep.

"Come in" I mumbled, trying to make myself at least half decent.

"Alpha" Ryan greeted, 

"Hey, what's up" being informal didn't bother me when it came to close friends. 

"I was wondering how last night went?" Ryan smiled, sitting down on the chair infront of my desk. 

I grinned, 

"Quite well actually, I enjoyed it immensly, I'm hoping Alexis did too"

Ryan nodded smiling, 

"How are the leads coming on?" Ryan said motioning to the letters we had recieved recently from Kristov.

"Unfortunately we have nothing" I frowned, "Not even a fingerprint, and all these letters were hand written" I sighed looking up at Ryan, "Any ideas?"

"No sorry, maybe we can get more information from Alexis about him?"

"I don't want to bring up anymore bad memories with her. Me, you and this pack should be her memories now, her future, not some rogues and a dirty life" 

Ryan nodded, agreeing with me.

"Well I also wanted to let you know that the borders are secured and we have extra protection on the beach front. Now I have to go see Chelsea" Ryan grinned proudly, I was excited for him and envious. I wanted a family someday too.

I nodded as Ryan left, I had been so busy lately, I felt guilty because I couldn't help Alexis in her heat as I had letters to deal with from Kristov and of course rogue threats coming in from the border. I had to update Alexis on the threats before she put herself in danger. 

I sighed, last night had been amazing, I was tired as I had left her room and come to my office where I had a newly delivered letter from one of the fighters in the pack. This time it was a picture of Alexis and her family when she was younger. I had been so enraged I shifted, I had to keep my mate safe, I couldn't let her get hurt.

I hadn't been with anyone since Alexis arrived here at the pack house when I came back from my trip. My wolf wouldn't allow me to, if I tried I felt disgusted with myself, even the thought of being with someone else other than Alexis revolted me. I sighed and decided to head to my room and shower. Along the way I could here Alexis training with Aurora. 

I smiled, their friendship had flourished as they trained, Alexis would sometimes even seek out the chance to help cook with my sister. On occasion I could here them gossiping about Chelsea's baby, they were making little gifts for her secretly, no one was meant to know but I couldn't help it, the mate bond drew me near. 

I suddenly felt a tug on our bond, Alexis was in distress, I rushed down to the basement where I saw her cornered by Taylor.

I growled,