Eleven~ When Did I Get A Moving Pillow?

Chapter Eleven~ When Did I Get A Moving Pillow?

July 19th, 2013- Saturday

@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@

I groaned and shifted to get closer to the warm thing in my bed... why the hell is my moving pillow so warm?

... When did I get a moving pillow?

Is there even such a thing as a moving pillow? Because that would be epic... Right, back on topic. So, if I don't have a moving pillow... then, what's moving under my head?

My eyes snap open and I see Jack's face way too close for comfort. I bite my lip hard to keep myself from screaming. Why is Jack in my bedroom? How'd he even get inside? The party flashes into my mind and I remember the cake that exploded on me. I look down, finding that I'm completely naked under the black comforter thrown over me.

So, I'm completely naked while being curled up into Jack's side... who is also naked. Slowly, very slowly, my mind connects all the puzzle pieces and I gasp. I sit up carefully, pushing my legs off the side of the bed. My cake-covered dress was in a heap on the ground along with the rest of my clothes.

As fast as I can in my stage of pain, I slide my dress on at least. I look back at Jack, tears coming to my eyes. I can't believe I let him... he took my... he took the one thing I was saving for the guy that I love. I'm so doomed.

***

I got home later on and went straight to my bedroom, throwing myself onto it. I was tired and I was aching in places that don't usually ache. A knock sounded on my bedroom door and Cole entered before I tell him to fuck off. I was in pain and didn't want to talk... to anyone.

Cole leaned against my door frame, crossing his arms. "You look like shit. What happened at that party last night?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Well," I paused, "I fell into my cake..." I decided to say.

He looked me over. "Yeah, I can see that much. Did you stay at Victoria's last night? I didn't hear you get in, so I thought..." he hesitated.

You have to understand that my brother hated to make conversation.

Like, more than I hate it.

Well, he does now that he doesn't have his perky girlfriend Natalie around him at all times. That girl buzzed with energy, and she absolutely adored talking to people. When they broke up, Cole fell into this pit of despair and we rarely ever talking much after he fell. We don't know what happened to Natalie; it's like she disappeared. Maybe she was abducted... Oh, well, I could honestly care less where she crawled off to.

"Yeah, I stayed with Vic. I was kind of hungover," I shrugged like it was no big deal. My head was screaming at me "Screw up! Screw up! You're a big screw up! Bitch!" Yeah, my mind is really harsh on my body.

Cole nodded slowly, "Did anything interesting happen?"

"Um..." I bit my lip and looked up at my ceiling, "Nope," I lied. "We basically drank, danced, drank, sang off key, and I think I ran into a wall or two."

He makes an effort at a laugh, but it sounded forced and rehearsed; like always. When an awkward silence settled on us, I started to stare at a spider. It was making its way down my dark purple wall, crawling slowly. Yeah, you go spider! Go! GO! GOOOO! He made it to the floor and I was still mentally cheering it on... until it got too close to my foot. I squealed and slammed my shoe down on it, wincing when I lifted my foot. Ewww, SPIDER GUTS! I could've just killed the spider that turned people into Spider People like Spiderman!

Dammit, Dani, you ruin everything!

I know...

"Danielle?!" Cole snapped his fingers in front of my downcast eyes.

I looked back up, "What?!" I exclaimed, remembering everything again. Man, this is why I let my mind wander. To forget stuff like what I let happen last night. I'm an idiot.

Cole gives me a weird look, but repeats what he was saying. "I said Mom and Dad will be back soon; they went to get coffee or something to talk over the divorce shit. You're responsible for your own lunch," and he left my bedroom just like that.

For a few minutes, I just sat on my bed and tried so hard to remember what made me want to do that with Jackson of all people. When I finished wallowing on my bed, I got up and trudged into the bathroom across from my room. I slammed the door shut behind me. Then I quickly stripped out of my cake-covered dress and got into the pouring warm water.

I sat down in the tub, letting the waterdroplets hit me and then fall to the tub floor. That was when I finally let myself cry. The tears poured like a dam had broken in my body, so the water had to come rushing out. The pouring shower blocked out the pathetic sounds I was making, but it couldn't block the pain that was shooting through my body with every movement I made.

***

Later on, I lay on my bed in the darkness of my room. The blinds were shut and I was curled up in a ball; it was only three in the afternoon. Sure enough, my dad had checked on me when they got back an hour ago. I had pretended to be asleep, so he simply pulled my blanket over me, kissed my head, and then left me alone.

My phone started to ring just as I was forcing my eyes to close. Reaching for it with my eyes still shut, I knocked over a few things on my bedside table but managed to grab it. Glancing at the caller ID, I wasn't surprised to find that it was Vic calling me.

Taking in a deep breath, I answered wearily, "Hello?"

"Dani! Thank God you answered!" Vic exclaimed.

I winced, "Yeah, of course I answered," I murmured quietly. Right now, I really just wanted some piece and quiet, but Vic was obviously was worried about me, so I had to answer.

"Look, Dani, I am so, so, so sorry about that stupid cake! I knew I should've have trusted Jack and his stupid friends! Please don't be angry with me for putting trust in that dick!" she exclaimed; I winced at almost every word she was saying. This was so not helping my current situation.

I swallowed harshly, "It's fine, Vic, really," I insisted.

She breathed out a sigh of relief, "Good, I thought you'd be mad at me! Hey, did you get home okay last night? You kind of just ran out of there. I send Jack," I winced, "to apologize. Did he?"

I bit my lip, trying to think back to what happened before I lost my virginity. "Um, yeah, he did. And I got home fine, too."

"Okay, good. You sound worn out so I'll let you go. I'll see you Monday, okay?"

"Yeah, I'll see you Monday," I reply.

I hang up and throw my phone somewhere near the foot of my bed. Oops... I overshot it and my phone hits the floor... Ah, it's already damaged. With that, I fall asleep wondering why I was so freaking stupid.