One~ Shut Up Logic

Chapter One~ Shut Up Logic

July 8th, 2013- Monday

@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@

The summer of '13 was one of the best of my life. Why? Because I was able to pretend that Jackson Wentworth didn't even exist. I was able to go to my best friend, Victoria's house, without dealing with mindless pranks and taunting. I could relax on her couch without hearing Jack and his obnoxious friends upstairs as they watch something having to do with half naked women.

While other girls were weeping because Jack was gone, I was partying until the early morning. That may seem a little harsh, but he deserves it. The asshole had ruined my life ever since I was in fifth grade and he was in seventh.

You're probably wondering what could've happened in fifth grade that made me hate him so much. Because, come on, nothing could possibly happen that was so bad to hate me hate someone so much. Oh, but how wrong you are. That little devious boy knew how to ruin someones life when he wanted to.

Well, I was- as my oh so lovely mother calls it- an "early bloomer". Meaning, my period hit me in fifth grade and Jack just had to find out about it. Then, one night I went to Victoria's house for a sleepover to work on a project. Now, I take my little pink diary with me everywhere I go. Jack managed to find it while Vic and I were sleeping, and he read it. The next day, he's on the intercom announcing to everyone that I had gotten my period early.

When you're in fifth grade with older kids all around you, you try to stay out of their way. You try to hide from their "playful" hits and comments. Jack's friends instantly started to tease me after Jack's announcement. For the rest of my middle and high-school part of life, I was known as "the Crybaby" after being caught sobbing in the girls' restroom many times by the popular crew. Jack didn't care, always smirking smugly at me when I passed him in the hallways.

The ass only cared about himself.

Anyways, this summer he went off to Spain with some of his idiotic friends. Vic was on my side, celebrating the departure of her older brother.

Vic was basically the only person that talked to me within the same year Jack ruined my life. She didn't ditch me because of all of the names and teasing I was getting. All of my other friends did; they stood off to the side and snickered with everyone else. It hurt, I admit that it did, but I was strong enough to pretend like they were never my friends in the first place.

It wasn't long before I started gaining weight and before I started staying inside. While Vic was skinny, tan, and gorgeous I had turned into a beached whale. My skin was like a vampire's and I was almost 210 pounds.

Like you would expect, the teasing got worse. Rumors started. And I was the laughing stock.

Vic and I graduated finally, and then I was stuck with the issue of college. The teasing was still unbearable, so Vic made up a summer goal. That goal would be to turn me into the blonde beauty I was before Jack got his hands on my diary. I was only in fifth grade then, so I was really skinny with a bob of blonde hair. Getting me back to that was impossible, but getting me skinny and tan again would have to be enough.

Summer started. Jack left. Vic was determined to change me. I was just planning to go with the flow. And I did.

&^^&^^&^^&^^&^^&^^&

"Am I done yet?" I groaned.

"Nope, five more," Vic smirked, kicking back in her seat as she watched me.

While I was on the dirty floor pushing myself up and down, she was kicked back and eating ice cream. I know, she's such a great best friend.

My ponytail fell over my shoulder as I worked on my arms, lowering and going up again. After doing that five times, I fixed myself to sit on my knees. "Now?" I whined, my aching arms desperately reaching for the container of ice cream.

It didn't really work because she was thirty feet away, but... oh well!

Shut up logic, I can use the force if I want to!

Vic rolled her eyes, reaching into the cooler beside her chair. She tossed me a small carton of vanilla ice cream, and I furiously tore off the top... with my teeth. My best friend watched me go rabid on the container, wrinkling up her nose when I spit the container on the ground. You would think she would be used to my antics by now, but... nope.

"We've been best friends for seventeen years, Vic. You should be used to this by now. Now give me a damn spoon!" I hold out my hand expectantly.

She picks up one from the cooler and throws it at me. It hits me in the forehead before falling to the dirty basement floor that I had been sweating on all summer. The smirk on her face told me she knew that would happen. "Don't snap at me, Honey, you know I'll want revenge."

Picking up the dirty spoon, I pout miserably. "You suck."

"Balls," she grins suggestively.

I hit her on the knee. "You dirty bastard!" I say in a fake English accent.

"You'll find a way to eat the ice cream, Dani, I know you."

"Yeah, you're right." I put my middle finger and pointer finger together, and I use them to scoop some ice cream onto my fingers.

Vic makes a face, "You know your fingers are probably worse than the spoon on the floor."

I stare down, my eyes crossing as I try to look at my fingers in my mouth. "Too late," I say, but it comes out muffled thanks to my fingers so it sounds like, "Oop pay". She gives me a weird look, but shrugs it off. Told you she was used to my awesomely stupid ways.

Don't judge me! I've been working out for the past six hours while Vic sits on her lazy bum eating ice cream!

It's not fair. The girl could eat four gallons of ice cream and not be effected, I swear.

I poke my flattening stomach as I scoop the ice cream into my mouth. "How many more pounds do you expect me to lose? I'm already only 122.3 pounds! That means I've lost more than 90 pounds! Plus, summer ends tomorrow and we have to start working if we want that apartment." I put my finger up in the air as I state my logic.

Vic sighs, "I knoooow. God, you don't have to remind me so much, Mom."

"It's not my fault you got us fired from working at Wendy's. How the hell do you get fired from Wendy's of all places?"

She gives me a hard look. "You know and I am no longer retelling that damn story. It haunts me enough already."

"Oh yeah. You mean that part where you fell in the toilet and flushed your shoe on accident?"

Getting some ice cream on her spoon, she flung it on me. "Shut up!"

We laughed and gathered our stuff together, getting to our feet. "Come on, I need a shower. I'll see you tomorrow, though. For Jackson's lovely welcome home party, which I know I'll end up regretting going to."

Vic laughs, "Yeah, but I give you permission to kick his ass if he gets out of hand."

"What about if he gets annoying?"

"...Yeah, then too."

"Yes!"

My best friend gets me so well... better than my dog.