Two~ A Curvy Pickle

Two~ A Curvy Pickle

July 9th, 2013- Tuesday

@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@

Never had I ever even thought about Jack in a way other than wanting to kill him. My mother was a completely different story along with his mother.

The two of us had argued and fought ever since I was in second grade and he was in third. Our mothers saw it as something else. They saw it as teasing; like what couples would do. That just had to be thoughts into their heads.

Thoughts about Jack and I at some point getting together.

Like a couple.

...EWWW!

On the other hand, our fathers hated each other. My daddy did what he could to yank me away from Jack, but Mom was a lot more powerful than I originally believed. She, with Mrs. Wentworth's help, scheduled as many playdates as possible. They weren't even for Victoria and I after the third one; they just started throwing Jack and I together.

Yeah, I know. Torture.

So, you must imagine all of the terrible thoughts when it hit me. Summer was gone. Jack was coming back. And, LOL that just rhymed. I'm awesome, I know.

"Danielle, get your ass out of bed!" my oh-so-wonderful mother decided to wake me.

As if that annoying beeping sound wasn't enough. Now there's a black device on the ground with wires and springs coming out of it. That's the third one in the past 2 months...

"No!" I screamed back. I refused to face the day. If I pretended I wasn't here then maybe the day wouldn't happen. Maybe Jack would go back to Spain and leave me the hell alone.

Next thing I know, my door is being slammed open. I hear the knob slam into the wall behind it and I'm pretty sure some of the paint on my wall just chipped off. Pouting, I put my elbows on each side of me and push me up slightly. My oldest brother, Cole, was studying me with this stupid ego-filled smirk on his face. He was the worst out of my four older brothers. Why couldn't they all move out already? Gosh!

Cole crosses the room to stand over me. Huh, in this light his body kind of looks like a curvy pickle...

"Curvy pickle?" Cole looks at me, confused.

I have to bite my bottom lip to keep from bursting into laughter. It's funnier when said out loud, especially in Cole's deep I'm-macho-and-I-fucking-know-it voice.

Picking up my favorite fuzzy neon green pillow, I throw it at Cole. But his stupid ninja skills kick in and he grabs it from where it was about to go over his head. "Don't be like that, Little Sis," he snickers.

I glare at him, "Go away."

He tries to jump up on my bed without his hands, and without doing it logically like doing it one leg at a time. So, he jumps and his heels hit the side of the bed. Screaming like a girl, he falls backwards and lands on the floor on his back. I cackle, turning my back to him and burying my face in my blue butterfly pillow.

"Dani, get up! Mom sent me up here for a reason! We're supposed to be going to the Wentworth's in five hours and you aren't even showered!" His big hand shakes my shoulder.

I grunt like such a lady. "Go away! I don't wanna go!" I wave one hand in the air.

Cole grabs that hand and yanks the hand. I scream as his grip makes me go flying off the side of the bed. The floor doesn't magically turn into a floor of cushions, unfortunately. So, when my back hits the hardwood I can already feel the bruise starting in my bum.