chapter three

Blair coughed and rolled over on her side. She was alone again, she hated to be alone. Coughing she leaned against the wall and tucked her blanket further around her. Her head felt dizzy and when black spots blurred her sight. She began losing consciousness, in and out.

Chuck laid in his bed, it felt empty without her, too big in a way. When he closed his eyes the only thing coming up in his mind were the bruises on her neck. Focus Chuck. Don’t let her get to you. Be cold, stay cold. She deserves it. While lying there he forced images of her with that other man to play over and over again in his mind, but then the images were replaced with her bruised neck and slightly blue lips.

He groaned and got up from the soft bed. Ripped one of the drawers open and stormed out the door.

Blair was lying on the floor. She had eaten a few bits of the bread, but her throat was to dry. The heavy wooden door opened and chuck entered. His eyes landed on her, his lips pressed tight together. “Hi.” She whispered weakly, coughing again. Chuck slid down next to her and took out the white bandage. “Come here.” He ordered. She crawled closer to him, too tired to get up on her feet. Without words he bandaged the skin under her neck and wrists. She let out a heavy sigh of relief as she could close her eyes without agony.

Chuck stroke her hair while she lay in his lap, already asleep.

Chuck had went out to hunt that night and didn’t come back before the next night after that. He was just too angry and he didn’t know what to do. He hadn’t even explained the entire situation to his father, afraid that he might order him to kill her. Now Chuck was on his way down to her, prisoners backing up against the wall when they saw him. He held an apple in his hand, intending to give it to her. In reality she should just live on bread and water, but she must be longing for something else. It couldn’t hurt just to give her the apple, could it?

Her figure was on the floor, breathing weakly. Maybe he should just let her sleep? But he didn’t want to. Instead he locked the door up and bent down on her level. “Blair?” He asked shaking her shoulder. “Here I brought this to you.” He said and placed the apple on the ground. Slowly she turned around and opened her eyes to look at him. Her face was pale and covered in sweat. Her eyes dull and her lips dry. She didn’t look well. “Chuck?” She asked, her voice damaged and horse. He brought a hand up to her head, she was warm, very warm.

“That feels good.” She mumbled, closing her eyes.

“You are sick.” He stated to himself, beginning to panic.

“I am fine.” She said and coughed. He grabbed her hand when she tried to hide it behind her back. It was stained with blood. His eyes widened.

“I need to get you out of here.” He mumbled, seeing how the energy was drained from her body. Desperate he searched the corners of her cell for the key, but it was gone.

“Blair where is the key?” He asked and shook her shoulder when she started to fall asleep again.

“Huh?”

“The key, where is it?” He was shaking her shackles by now.

“I tossed it out the window.” She mumbled weakly, her eyes barely focusing on him.

“Why would you do that?” He shook her again, trying to make her stay conscious. She coughed and blood landed on his hands.

“I wanted you to believe me. I love you.” She was slipping away from him.

Chuck grabbed a hold of her chains and tried to rip them in two, but they were too strong. Blair lied down at the floor, closing her eyes.

“Wake up! Stay awake!” He yelled at her. With all force he ripped them out of the wall and scoped her up in his arms. The silver touched her bare arms, but he couldn’t bother with it now. He wasn’t sure how much longer she would stay alive. Running in the halls he headed for his room.