Blood

Blair let out a moan and then slowly opened her eyes. She was, once again, in bed. Her entire body arched together with her neck, which were once again bandaged.

"Don't move, I am right here." She heard Chuck say. He sounded angry.

She tried to form words, but nothing came out.

"Don't speak." He said. It was then she realized he was holding her hand, his fingers closed around hers. "Listen to me you big fool! You almost killed yourself, I almost killed you! What were you thinking with? If Ashton hadn't come in that minute you- you-"

She tried to say something, anything.

"I said don't speak. Your throat is too damaged." Hot liquid ran down her face, tears?

"I just wanted to help you." She said. It was only a weak whisper.

"Well, I didn't need help."

"You were so weak." She continued.

"And what do you think you were? When you were bitten by Sean you almost died. What do you think now, when you already were too weak to stand?"

"I am sorry."

"Don't apologize to me!" He snarled.

"I am sorry."

"Stop it! I don't want you to apologize." She didn't say anything. Chuck managed to calm down. Then he said. "I want you to promise me to never do something as stupid as that again. Never. Do you hear me?"

"Yes." She whispered.

Ashton entered later on that day, when Chuck had to go and see his father.

"Hey." He said and scratched the back of his head. It looked like he had left in a hurry because his lips was red.

"You have-" She pointed towards the corner of his mouth.

"Oh sorry." He mumbled and turned around to wipe it away with his hand.

"Are you here to yell at me?" She asked. The corner of his mouth turned slightly upwards before he sat down on the bed Chuck had threatened her not to get up from, he would chain her to it if she didn't listen to him. Right now that was the last thing she wanted to do, she would do anything to gain his trust again.

"It was what I was intending to do." He admitted and scratched his dark blonde hair. She sighed and closed her eyes for a second, leaning back on the mountain of pillows, Cuck had set for her.

"But it doesn't look like you need a lesson... you shouldn't beat yourself up like that."

"I can to whatever I want! If I want to beat myself up until I get purple then that doesn't consider you!" She shrieked, tears stung in her eyes and she swallowed. A sudden pain in her throat made her bring a hand up to her bandage.

"Are you al-"

"I am fine." She said, biting her lip. There was a silence between them before she spoke. "How long was I out?"

"What do you mean?" He said, but she knew he was lying.

"You know, when Chuck first brought me up from... you know."

"What do you mean?" He asked innocently.

"You know what I mean."

"No I don't."

"The dungeons."

"Oh... that... not very long." He said and picked up a book from her night stand. Reading on the back of it.