The Vampire's Slave: Book 2

The Vampire’s Slave, sequel

Chapter one part one

I was lying on the bed, Chuck was speaking with his father about the marriage, but there was something that made me worried. I had to tell him, but I didn’t know how he would take it. Getting up from the bed and walking down the stair I decided to tell him. Tears began to for in my eyes. I took of the ring filled with two sapphires and a big diamond in the middle and twirled it around my fingers on my way. I hesitated before the door, but bit my lips together and knocked. I could hear their voices from inside the room.

Entering I saw Chuck seated with a smile around his mouth. I hated breaking his hearth like this, and it was so difficult for me.

“Hey, I thought you slept.” He smiled towards me, but stopped when he saw my face. “What is wrong?” He asked, the king sitting in silence. I took his hand and laid the ring in his hand. My heart began to pant even harder.

“I can’t marry you.” I said, while the tears ran faster down my cheek. Chuck just stood there in silence. I had problems breathing and my heart began to hurt.

 “Here sit down.” He placed me on his stool and then cupped my face, while sitting on his knees.

“Now tell me.”

“It is not fair towards you.” I started, but the sobs took over me.

“Blair?” The king questioned.

 “I can’t get pregnant okay?” I panicked.

 “I am afraid I don’t understand.” Chuck said.

 “Please don’t be mad.” I started and looked into his sad eyes. I couldn’t continue. Luckily the king understood. “Oh..” he said and Chuck snapped his head towards him.

 “If you had read the books and studied what you should have my son, then you would have known that the legend says that a witch can only have a child with the first she sleeps with. That is one of the reasons there is so few witches left.”

“That means-“ Chuck looked at me, who was shivering violently. “Oh Blair come here.” He said and hugged me into him.

“I am sorry, I am so sorry, please don’t be mad.” I sobbed into his shirt. He stroke my hair gently and mumbled into my hair.

“Shh..I am not mad. It’s not your fault…shh..” He didn’t release me before I had calmed down. “Look I don’t care if you can’t get pregnant okay? It is going to be alright.” He brushed away one of my falling tears, but I shook my head.

“She has to get approval from the first she slept with, which is-“ The king said. It pained him to see his fiancée in pain.

“Look we will fix it, okay?” He cupped my face again and I nodded. His voice sounded so secure. He slid the ring back on my finger again and gave me a reassuring smile.

 “Look I have to do some business, but I think Ashton is here somewhere.” He said and kissed my forehead.

Understanding I probably had interrupted something, I excused myself and headed out of the room. Passing one of the slaves which sent me an ugly look on the way. I never actually liked humans, you could never trust any of them.

I crashed down on the silky sheets and let created a star on the middle o the bed with my body. Hoping everything would work out in the end.

When Chuck went to Blairs bedroom to say goodnight she wasn’t there. No surprise since she never used to sleep in her own bed. He went to his room, but his princess wasn’t there either. “Blair?” Things were completely silent. “Blair this is not funny.” He began getting worried, knowing she wouldn’t think of this as a joke. He took a deep breath, trying to locate her sent, but she was gone. Worry began spreading inside his body.

In a matter of minutes the entire castle was being searched. “Slave! Have you found her!?” He asked from desperation grabbing one of the maids. “N-no Sir-Master.” She stuttered and he tossed her on the ground. Worried. Something inside of him knew she was in trouble