Distant Echo - Chapter 10

A/N

Major delay in uploading I no. But better then nothing right. 

I was listening to hurricane - 30 seconds to mars ft kanye west whilst writing this chapter. I felt that it somehow went with the mood so the link is over there >>>>>

Enjoy x

_______________

Chapter 10

It was almost midnight when I finally entered my house. Gazing around the living room all was quiet except for my stomach which made churning noises. Feeling hungry, I made my way to the kitchen. Opening the fridge I pulled out the bottle of Pine Mango Juice and a bowl of pasta that mum made for dinner.

Shoving the plate into the microwave pressing several buttons, I watched as the plate started to rotate slowly, with the lights flickering on. Watching the plate going in slow circles, I noticed that the light created an eerie look to the plate full of pasta. It surprised me of how interesting it was to watch the simple act of heating food in a microwave. Becoming transfixed, I was lost in the illuminating lights retaliating off the microwave walls.

Gazing intently, I saw myself in the reflection of the microwave door. The beaming light made it seem like I was in a white room. Wait, how do I know if it’s a room when all I see is white? I was just sitting there, my head resting on my knees.

I shuddered from the feeling. It reminded me of Dementors from the Harry Potter novels. All the happiness was being drained out of me so suddenly.

Why was I such a misery? Even staring down at this other Dominic made me feel disconcerted.

I squinted my eyes as I saw a shadowy figure ponder over this other “Dominic”. As I concentrated on figuring out what or who this creature was, I was shocked as the hooded ghost-like figure was circling “Dominic” taunting and snickering all the while. I felt my nails digging into my palms as anger began to take over me.

Why wasn’t I defending myself? I mean look at me! I’m just sitting there looking small and defenceless. It’s almost rather embarrassing. Wait… this isn’t really me. Why am I getting worked up other a figure of my imagination?

Pushing these thoughts aside, I focused back onto this little scene. Now the ghost was floating right in front of Dominic, edging its way closer and closer to my other clone. I tensed up suddenly feeling attached to this over Dominic, as if I could feel its emotions right this moment.

Still lost in this reverie, I snapped back to life when I heard a loud BOOM coming from the microwave. I didn’t realise I had the settings on 5:00 minutes heating time.

I opened the microwave and a heat wave of smoke poured out. Coughing I pulled out the plate burning myself in the process.

Shit! Real smart Dom just hold a burning plate! Sliding the plate on the kitchen bench I ran to the sink and let the cold water pour over my throbbing hand.

Shaking my head three words entered my mind… Fuck My Life!