Distant Echo - Chapter 4

A/N

Hey everyone :) sorry for the major delay in my uploads been caught up in assignments

Chapter four coming right up :) it's a bit short but thought I'd try out another perspective.

Enjoy ayris :)

____________________

Chapter 4

(Melody’s POV)

Hugging him, my mind began to spin with questions. Trying to hold myself from bombarding Dominic with these demands I could hear his once rapid breathing begin to steady to its usual self. I planted light kisses on his neck still not letting my hold loosen on him.

Realising that I was basically naked I tried to cautiously lift the thin blanket to cover myself suddenly feeling self conscious.

Dominic noticing this began to shift his eyes over my body, me in the meanwhile turning all shades of red from embarrassment.  Smirking he held me to him still not uttering a word.

Why did that happened to him. I mean I've been with Dom for how long and he never acted in such a way. But then again be has changed over these past few months...

"Babe is there something going on that you need to tell me about?"

Dominic just sat there staring off into space. It's like he didn't even hear me talking. I gazed intently at him, analysing his slightly pale yet angelic looking face with piercing brown eyes which seemed to be concentrating hard about something. I noticed his body tensing again, his built body being highlighted from the rays of light escaping from the curtains.

Following his gaze, I looked outside the window and noticed how the wind was blowing creating a whirlpool of leaves and twigs amongst the yard.

Sighing, I pulled away from Dom and began to find my clothes. Irritation was building up in me just by the thought that my own boyfriend didn’t trust me that much to express himself to me.

Zipping my jeans up I realised that Dom was still zoned out in his own world. Trying extra hard to make as much noise as someone could while putting on clothes to grasp his attention, it was still no use.

Hurt then overtook the irritation and my chest felt heavy. Still staring at him, I stood up with my hands across my chest, tapping my foot impatiently.

“Um yea hi, I’ll just stand here like a shit cunt until you notice my existence again.” I remarked.

And I stood there… a whole minute went past and it took all my might to resist the urge to backhand him.

“DOMINIC!” I screamed.

Finally snapping out of his reverie, he glanced up at me with this sheepish smile on his face.

“Oh sorry babe, I must of blanked out for a sec…going somewhere?”

Shaking my head, I sighed heavily, grabbed my belongings and just left.

As I trudged down the stairs I tried emphasising each step I took...Just for effect. Taking my time, I thought he would come down after me but he didn’t budge.

Feeling hurt even more then before my eyes began to water.

I will not cry! I refuse to cry over something so stupid.

Stopping in my steps, I closed my eyes shut tight trying my hardest to stop the tears that were threatening to escape.

Composing myself again I carried on walking down.

Feeling really pissed off I decided to play… the silent treatment game! He deserved it anyway.