fever dreams - chapt. 15

I know that the last chapter was sad for Katelyn and Alex. But don’t worry, they will both find someone that was worth the wait. And also, I know some won’t like the ending. Hints are spread out all around the chapter, giving you a little guess on what happens.

Katelyn’s Point of View

Katelyn at least took seven showers since last night. She could still feel the boy’s hands all over her body. She hated the feeling. Katelyn left her bathroom, walking into her frilly pink bedroom. She hadn’t said anything to her parents, not yet. She just wanted to let the whole situation sink in. Katelyn clicked on her radio, the indie music soaring through the room. She softly sang along to the song, tossing herself on her bed. She stared at the ceiling, the pattern sticking in her brain. In a matter of minutes, she heard noises coming from her room. She ignored it until a window was slammed. She closed her eyes, beginning to get a bit scared. The edge of her bed sank down slowly, and her foot was being stroked. She looked up, seeing Alex looking back at her. “Hey.” He breathed out. “You used the window to get in?” She asked. He nodded. “I saw your parents, I think it would have been weird if I knocked and asked for you.” She nodded now. “It’s okay, what’s up? Something wrong?” Alex shook his head now. It was eight in the morning. “I wanted to see how you were doing. How are you feeling?” Alex asked, humming along to the song on the radio. “I’m fine. How are you?” Katelyn asked, sitting up and moving closer to Alex. “I don’t know. I don’t really feel anything.” Katelyn just looked at Alex. Something was bothering him, she could easily tell. His eyes held something, something Katelyn couldn’t grip onto just yet. “I’m sure Jace and Cara are together now. They both deserve to be happy,” Alex began. “But don’t we deserve to be happy, too?” Katelyn smiled, laughing a little. “Yeah, we do. But I’m done with guys for a while.” She whispered out. “Oh.” Alex said, looking up at the ceiling. He was trying to tell her something. “What’s bothering you?” Katelyn asked, grabbing Alex’s hand. Her own tingled now, the blood in her veins pumping. Her cheeks turned a bright red, and Alex laughed. “I know you said you’re done with guys for a while, but there’s just something I need to tell you. I’m tired of falling for someone I can’t have. You’re tired of falling for jerks. I’m not a jerk, and I’m sure I can have you,” Alex paused. “So, can we just try this out?” He asked, holding up their hands. “You’re so cheesy,” Katelyn said, laughing. She looked at Alex. His cheeks were even burning a shade of red. He also looked hurt. “I didn’t say no.” Katelyn sobered up, looking seriously at Alex. His frown turned into a grin. Katelyn leaned over, kissing Alex’s cheek. “And I’d be honored.” She whispered, wrapping him in a tight hug. Alex did the same, but pulled Katelyn onto his lap, his lips rest on the top of her head. They stayed like that for hours.

Jace’s Point of View

It was at least ten in the morning. Jace had gotten up somewhat an hour ago, untangling his body from Cara’s. She stayed the night, and they ended up passing out together. Jace woke up with a smile on his face. The sun shined through his blinds, lighting up his room. He made his way down the steps, preparing breakfast for Cara. He sat at the kitchen’s island, taking in last night. He didn’t have any dream. At all. The situation somewhat bothered him. What if he missed something important, something important that would help him with the first dangerous dream he’s ever had? All thoughts were knocked out of his head when Cara came walking down the stairs. She had on one of Jace’s too big shirts, with her shorts underneath. He smiled at her, getting up from the table when he heard the doorbell. “Good morning,” He whispered, pecking her on her lips. “Breakfast is in the microwave.” He made his way to the door, opening it slightly. He winced as the bright sun shined in his face, then opened the door all the way. Alex and Katelyn were standing together. “Good morning,” He said brightly, letting them in. “Food!” Alex screamed, running in the house. Jace laughed, whacking him over the head. “Good morning,” Katelyn whispered to Jace. He nodded, letting her into the house.

After Jace was done watching Alex scarf down two full plates of food, Alex opened his mouth to speak. Jace began to drink his water. “Katelyn and I are dating.” Alex said slowly, putting his fork down. Jace’s water spat everywhere. Katelyn muttered something, looking away. Cara cursed under her breath in Spanish. Alex looked confused. Jace just stared at him. “I—“  Jace spat out. “That’s wonderful. We both think it’s wonderful.” Cara butted in, grabbing onto Jace’s arm. He cringed at the feeling for a second, and then his face forced a smile. Katelyn put her hand on her forehead and Alex let out an uneasy laugh. The uncomfortable silence all four of them knew all too well was back once again.