Fever Dreams - chpt 3

Chapter 3 : 10th Grade Biology & The Kiss

Jace slowly made his way to his 8th period class. He didn't want to go, he knew he had the class with Katelyn, and he knew something was going to happen. Jace went anyway, ignoring what his head was telling him. As he walked in, he could tell he was late. "Jace, everyone has partners already. Choose any group you want and work with them," Mrs. Martinez said over the kid's talking. Jace looked around the classroom, but stopped when he saw two familiar faces staring back at him. Alex and Katelyn. He didn't want to work with them. Jace slowly backed out of the classroom until both Alex and Katelyn were calling his name. He sighed, then made his way over to the annoying two."Why are you here?" Jace asked Alex. He wasn't in this grade. Why was he in a 10th grade class? "I got to skip 9th grade Biology. The teachers said it was too easy for me," Alex shrugged, looking through one of the microscopes. Katelyn said nothing. "What do we have to do?" Jace asked. "We just have to measure some of these things," Alex said, holding what looked like a white slide. There was something in the middle of it. "Okay." Jace said, grabbing a chair and sitting back. He just watched the two get the work done, not bothering to help. "Are you going to do something?" Katelyn turned around to look at him. She looked down as soon as she turned around; knowing Jace's deep blue eyes were piercing her grey ones. "Excuse me?" Jace said, putting his hands behind his head. The muscles in his arms flexed naturally and Katelyn’s eyes went wide. Alex looked between the both of us and looked like he was going to start laughing. "You like her!" He mouthed, and Jace almost fell out of his seat. He just shook his head, and let out a forced laugh. Katelyn tried looking into the microscope. "No, you're doing it wrong." Jace muttered, standing up and his hands were somewhat around Katelyn. He readjusted the slide in the microscope and he could feel her eyes on him. He felt her breathing and he looked down at her. His chest was against her back, and he gently pushed against her. "You guys should just kiss already." Alex said, writing something down. Neither Katelyn or Jace said a word. "I don't like him." Katelyn said slowly, never tearing her eyes away from Jace's. "I hate her." Jace muttered, and he could see Katelyn inhale deeply. "You smell so good," Katelyn whispered so only Jace could hear. "If you guys don't like each other, then just kiss." Alex said, staring at the both of them. "She has a boyfriend." Jace said, now shooting a glare at Alex. He put his hands up in surrender. "Just kiss his cheek!" Alex said, begging for them to kiss. "You're weird." Katelyn said, narrowing her eyes at Alex. She then pulled Jace's face closer to hers and gently put her lips against his cheek. About five seconds later, she let go of Jace, but kept looking at him. Jace's mind was blurry and his heart was racing. He wanted more. He wouldn't let Katelyn know that, though. He ignored his head, moving closer to Katelyn again. She looked at him, her bottom lip poking out. How it would be to have those lips on mine, Jace thought. He stopped himself just in time as the bell rang. He put his chair back, grabbing his stuff and quickly making his way to his locker. Of course, not yet before hearing Katelyn and Alex call out for him. Jace needed to get far away before he did something he would regret.