Epilogue

“Gabby can you please work with mommy?” I ask my now five year old.

“But mommy I do not want to wear this.” She says pulling at her pink dress.

“Sweetie Grandma Ella bought it for you so I want you to wear it.” I say.

“Dez it is fine if she wears something else I at least got to see how beautiful she looks in it.” I hear from the doorway.  

I look and see Ella standing in the doorway.

I smile, “Can you help her get dressed then I need something to drink?”

She nods, “Just yell for Reece to help you.”

“REECE!” I yell.

I hear two set of feet running up the stairs, “Did your water break?” Reece asks once he and Peyton get to the top of the stairs.

I shake my head, “I need help getting down the stairs. I need something to drink.”

“Why do the two of them have to give us heart attacks every time they want help down the stairs?” Peyton asks coming over to my left side.

Gabby is getting a little brother. The doctor thinks Makenna and I will have our children close to the same time. Right now she is a week over due. Their little girl is being induced tomorrow. Reece and I are naming our son Trenton David Mitchell while Peyton and Makenna are naming their little girl Whitney Faye Alexander.

I walk over to Makenna who is sitting on a stool in the kitchen, “What you doing?”

She puts another pretzel in her mouth, “I am hungry.”

I laugh and grab a bottle of water. I act like I am looking in the fridge trying to wait for my back pain to subside.

“You okay Dez?” I hear Peyton ask.

“Yeah I am fine. Let’s head out to Gabby’s birthday party.” I say walking out of the kitchen.

When we get home from Gabby’s birthday party I go straight to bed because I do not feel well and my back pains are getting a little worse. I lay in bed trying to get comfortable but cant.

I text Reece and tell him to come upstairs.

“What you need babe?” He asks concerned.

“Um…well I should have told you this earlier but I did not want to ruin Gabby’s party but my back pain is getting worse.” I say looking down at the bedding.

“What do you need me to do babe?” He asks coming over and rubbing my back.

His phone beeps and he looks at it, “Makenna’s water broke they are on their way to the hospital.”

I look at him and smile, “Well let’s go.”

We are waiting for hours for Makenna’s little girl to arrive. Twelve hours later Makenna and Peyton welcome their little girl. I am scared to hold her while standing up because of my back pains so I sit in a chair close to the bed and hold her.

“Tracie, can you take Whitney for me?” I ask.

Once she is out of my arms I stand up but end up screaming because of the pain in my back. A doctor takes me into the room next door to look and make sure nothing is wrong.

{Reece’s POV}

My mom follows the doctor and Destinee while I go to the waiting room to get Jordynn and Gabby just in case.

“Jordy you want to get Gabby and follow me.” I ask.

She looks at me concerned, “”Sure.”

When we get back to Makenna’s room the girls go and look at the baby.

“Reece!” My mom yells coming back in the room.

I look at her, “Yeah?”

She waves me over, “Come on you have a son to help deliver.” She then takes off towards the room next door.

I look at Peyton when he sees my face he says, “Go we can watch the girls while you help Dezzie.”

“Thanks!” I say before running to the room I hear Destinee in.

I stand outside the door and see my mom talking to her. All I can think about right now is I am going to be a dad again.