Chapter 13

~Four Months Later~

Shellie has gone and pissed me off. She is challenging me to a bake off. If I win she will leave and let Reece and I live our lives. If she wins Gabby and I will leave and let Reece be with her.  She hates at how great Makenna and I’s bakery is going. Caroline, Leighton and Jordynn are helping Makenna and I. We have two days until the competition and we are all getting stressed.

“Jordynn did you call and ask if you can get information about what the judges are allergic to?” I ask making a grocery list of need now things.

“Yeah Caroline and I called and the judges are allergic to chocolate, peanuts and coconut.” Jordynn replies.

“Okay thanks.” I say.

I cannot help but look at my left hand. Last month Reece proposed like he did five years ago. I said yes again because I know no matter what I will be with him for a long time. Reece was right too Makenna is engaged and pregnant. Peyton has not quit smiling since he found out he was going to be a dad. I guess when you love someone since high school it does not take long to fall in love again.

Gabby’s arm has healed and I could not be happier. The other night she was playing dress up with Peyton and he fell asleep so she went in and grabbed my makeup and did his makeup. I took a picture and sent it to Makenna and she ended up laughing at it. Gabby and I have been staying at Reece’s place a lot of the time. He wants to find a place that we can all live at so he has decided that he will move into the house that I moved into when I came back. Makenna moved in with Peyton last month and is really happy. She is waiting for her to start showing. She is only two months three months along and is not really showing.

“PUT IT DOWN MAKENNA!” I run to the kitchen to see Makenna chasing Leighton with a wooden spoon.

“What is going on?” I ask laughing at the site.

“She is trying to eat the frosting again.” Leighton yells while running

Makenna has been craving strawberry frosting with chunks of strawberry in the frosting.

“Mac just get in the fridge and eat the little bit I put in the fridge. The bowl has your name on it.” I say.

“She already ate all of it. I was just making some to put on the cupcakes and she tried stealing it. I was going to put a little more in her bowl but she told me if I did not give it to her she was going to hit me with a spoon.” Leighton stops at one end of the table.

“Mac I am here!” I hear Peyton.

“Pey!” She says running towards the entrance of the kitchen.

“She has been running a lot so after her appointment please make her rest.” I walk towards the fridge, “Here is this also.” I say handing his an extra thing of frosting.

“Sure thing. Oh I talked to Reece and he said he will be over after he picks up Gabby from school.” He says before dragging Makenna out of the bakery.