Chapter 12

{Reece’s POV}

I grab Gabby out at the same time Destinee reaches me.

“Destinee?” The voice says again.

I see Destinee stiffen also then she turns her head towards the voice and glares.

“What are you doing here Shellie?” Destinee says and you can hear the hate in her voice.

Destinee walks over and grabs the bags and her purse.

“I came to talk to Reece. I mean he is still with me.” Shellie says trying to sound seductive.

Destinee laughs and grabs the keys out of my hand, “Do you want me to take Gabby inside so you can talk to her.”

I shake my head, “No I will carry our daughter inside. Plus I have nothing to say to her.”

I shut the door and am grabbed roughly. Gabby falls out of my arms but Destinee catches her.

I turn around, “WHAT DO YOU WANT SHELLIE?” I yell.

Peyton and Makenna come running. Peyton helps Destinee of the ground. I walk over to Gabby who is crying.

“I am sorry Dezzie. How is she?” I ask looking over my daughter.

“I don’t know Reece. Her arm hit the cement and she is holding it I think we should take her to get looked at.” Destinee says looking worried.

I turn back towards Shellie, “WHY DID YOU GRAB ME? YOU COULD HAVE KILLED MY DAUGHTER.” I yell.

“You have no daughter so do not lie. Why is that slut back anyways didn’t she leave when you got with me?” Shellie says glaring at Destinee and Gabby.

“I do have a daughter and her name is Gabriella. I want you to leave me alone and stay away from my family. I am back with the one girl I have always loved and will love for the rest of my life. All you were was a mistake. Now if you do not mind I have to take my daughter to the emergency room to make sure you did not break anything when you made me drop her.” I say with so much hatred that if she was not a girl I would have probably hit her.

{Destinee’s POV}

He loves me and wants a future with Gabby and me. I smile at the idea of us being a family someday soon.

“Makenna can you help Dezzie in the car and buckle the seatbelt around her and Gabby. Then you and Peyton climb in the back.” Reece says.

Makenna helps me up once Peyton grabs Gabby. She grabs the bags once I take Gabby back from Peyton.

“Daddy…it hurts.” I hear Gabby cry.

Reece walks up to her, “I know baby. Mommy and daddy are going to get it checked out.”

Reece turns back to Shellie and says, “Next time you come around me or my family I will get a restraining order.”

He gets into the front seat of his car and helps Makenna get the seat belt over Gabby without hurting her arm.

After an hour in the emergency room we found out the Gabby’s arm is broken. Reece is really pissed at what Shellie did. We Peyton and Makenna sit in the front and we sit in the back. I am holding a sleeping Gabby while cuddling into Reece’s side.

When we park I pass Gabby to Reece, “Thanks guys. See you tomorrow Mac?”

“Yeah girly we have to do something. Why don’t we four plus Jordynn and Leighton maybe go to the carnival?” She says while walking over to Peyton.

I look at Reece and he nods while smiling looking back at Makenna, “Sure I think Gabby will really like that.”

We all wave bye to everyone and walk up to the front door. I see something taped to the door so I grab it down.

“Read it Dez.” Reece says while unlocking the door.

“I will let you since it has your name on it. I can go lay her down in the guest bedroom you have.” I say.

He shakes his head, “I will take her in there and then we can read it together.”

I follow him into the room and with his help I change Gabby into her nightgown. I kiss her forehead and put the teddy bear she sleeps with and tuck it under her good arm and tuck her in.

“That is the teddy bear I gave you for our second anniversary.” Reece says.

I smile, “Yeah. I gave it to her when she was born.”

He smiles and kisses her forehead and whispers that he loves her.  He put a pillow under her broken arm to keep it propped up. I take her night light out of the bag and plug it in. Instantly the room fills with colored light we then shut the door a little.

Once we get into the living room I sit down while Reece goes and grabs us something to drink.

“Why don’t you start reading the letter?” Reece says bringing in bottles of water.

“It has your name on it I do not want to invade your privacy.” I say taking a drink of my water.

“Just read it Dez. I do not want to keep anything from you. Even though I do not know what it is but I would end up showing you it anyways.” He says.

I nod and open the letter it reads,

Reece,

Darling I hate that you acted like you are not mine. I even hated that you lied to me about that slut and little brat. If anyone was going to have a kid with you it would be me. I want her and that child gone by today or I will ruin her life. I will even make it worse for ‘Gabriella’. I hope you do the right thing honey.

Just think back to the time when we were in high school and you used me to show you the best time of your life. I can and will also run her out of town again like I did in high school. I know you are probably confused but the only reason you cheated on the slut with me was because I drugged your drink.

Love you always,

Shellie <3