The First Hour

I had just got back from my first hunt. Alice said she would take me. I could tell we were going to be best friends- or sisters, I didn't know if I was going to be accepted into the family yet.
Just an hour ago, I woke up alone in the woods. I just somewhat remember that before that I was taking a walk by my house. But now my throat was burning and I heard footsteps in the distance.
Once they approach closer to me, two people appear. I didn't know why or how but I got off the ground and into a crouch. When I was in the position, I made a weird growling noise that I didn't expect came from me.
"We're not going to hurt you" a musical voice said that I soon found out came from a teenage girl.
When I looked at the people, I was amazed. The girl was absolutely beautiful. She had red-brown, long hair with some curls in it. Her skin was more pale than most people,but it made her even more pretty. Her eyes were a deep brown that sparkled even at night.
And even the boy standing next to her had somewhat beauty. He was muscular and had dark russet skin. His hair was black and shortly cropped. His muscular body stood protectively in front of the girl.
"Jake, she's a newborn" the girl whispered.

So that's how I was now with the Cullen's. I wasn't technically part of the family but they said they would take care of me until I was trained. Alice took me on my first hunt. My throat felt much better now.
I walked into the Cullen house behind Alice. I was still shy around all of the others so I kept my head down and my mouth closed. I only felt comfortable around Alice, Renesmee, and Jacob. Those were the only three names I've learned anyway.
A blonde haired man stood when we entered and walked over to us- slowly, as if not to scare me.
"How was she?" He asked Alice.
"Good, she said she feels better now" Alice said and smiled over at me.
He nodded then smiled politely at me. "I'm Carlisle" he said. He started pointing to the family. "That is my wife Esme. Our adopted children Rosalie and Emmett, Jasper and you know Alice, Edward and his wife Bella. Renesmee is their daughter" Finally I got names.
"And your name is?" Carlisle asked.
I'm surprised no one asked me that yet. I was going to talk for the first time. During the whole hunt I hadn't said one word. I nodded along with things but still hasn't had the courage to talk. Alice had said she was surprised I didn't play 20 questions. I just shrugged.
"She hasn't talked yet" Alice whispered. Carlisle seemed surprised but still waited.
"Olivia" I just barely whispered. My voice was much different than when I was human. It was now a beautiful melody.
Carlisle still seemed to hear it because he smiled. The edges of my lips curled up into a sorta smile. My eyes stayed wide even though I could already see everything. I just seemed to have the need to be very alert.
A guy- that Carlisle told me was Emmett- stood up and came up in front of me.
"So she's a shy one huh?" Emmett said thinking out loud. I looked up at him. He was big.
Carlisle chuckled "Emmett your going to frighten her"
Emmett laughed but stepped back. Just then Jacob and Renesmee walked out of the kitchen. Carlisle and Emmett went to sit down and Alice did too. She grabbed my arm lightly and pulled me with her. She sat down and motioned for me to sit next to her. I shook my head and just stood next to the couch.
I looked at Jacob. He smelled. Bad. I hadn't notice earlier because I was too distracted by my thirst. But really, I could smell it across the room.
Renesmee giggled. Edward laughed quietly too.
"I think she noticed" Renesmee said to Jacob.
"Oh yeah, she noticed" Edward said. What did I notice? Did Jacob purposely stink? Edward laughed again.
"What's she saying about me?" Jacob asked Edward.
"She's wondering if you purposely try to stink that badly" Edward said. Everybody laughed and Renesmee looked up at Jacob.
"Would you like to do the honors?" She asked.
"I will-" Alice spoke up "-I told her what we were"
"Go ahead" Renesmee said.
Alice told me that all the Cullen's- and now me too- were vampires. She told me a few things during hunting. What other secrets were in the world?
Alice turned to me. "There are more than just vampires in this world Olivia. There are also shape shifters. Werewolves" she told me slowly.
It took me a second to let that sink in. My jaw and my fists clenched. All my muscles tightened. It was just like when I was told about the vampires.
I nodded once.
"You want to meet two more wolves?" Jacob asked.
"Sure" I said quietly.
Two more people walked out of the kitchen. They both looked like Jacob in some ways. One was a boy. Younger than Jacob. He looked like he might have been my age, maybe a year or two older. I had just turned fifteen by the way, yesterday.
He had a cute baby-face. There was just something about him. It seemed like he thought the same about me.
"This is Seth" Jacob said. I was looking into Seth's eyes. He was looking into mine too but seemed mesmerized by something.
Jacob was introducing me to a girl that came out too but I didn't hear her name. Jacob had noticed me and Seth. Seth slowly went down to his knees and stared down at the floor.
Bella stood up and kneeled down next to Seth.
"Jake?" She asked
"Oh..." Jacob said, as if he now understood something.