Chapter 24

Jonah was still dead asleep when I woke up. I turned on my right side and laid there, looking at his beautiful face. I smiled at his true beauty. I kissed his forehead and scooted closer to him.

He wrapped his arms around me, smiling in his sleep. I ran my fingers slowly along the spine of his back and then he kissed my neck, waking up. I looked in his eyes and smiled. He kissed me good morning and brought me closer to him.

"Good morning." I giggled.

"Morning, love."

He rolled out of bed and stood up, putting pants on and then a shirt. I did the same.

"How long have you been awake?" he asked.

"Long enough to see your beautiful self."

He giggled. 

"I love you," 

"I love you, too."

We walked downstairs and went straight to the kitchen to make ourselves a bowl of cereal. After making our cereal, we sat at the table and began eating. We didn't talk much, only read the back of the cereal box like we did when we were young and finished our cereal. I rinsed out my bowl and set it down in the sink. Jonah did the same.

In less than a week, both of our lives will be different. We will both have a beautiful baby boy. It will take time knowing that it really isn't mine legally, but in my heart and my mind, this baby is going to be mine. Because I love Jonah so much that I will be willing to do whatever to bring both of us together. I want to be with him forever and show him that I can love him better than anyone else.