Chapter Three-Viewing the lagoon

Calvin Brouchard grew up in the Bronx, New York.

He had watched his Dad and Mother, and six family members become victims of race hate violence. He decided to make a different future.

By 1967 to 1973, he made a fortune designing buildings.

He was a man who knew how to make friends; powerful friends.

And, now, as manager/owner of the new million dollar "Undersea Kingdom", he vowed to bring more tourists to Florida.

No one came to Amity Island.

Because of the rogue Great White Sharks scares, he was taking a huge risk. And he wanted everyone to thrive.

The only problem was Mike Brody.

Brody's father was fired back in '78 as Chief of Amity Police because he caused undue panic in the waters off the Island when he informed the Mayor that another shark was on the loose...like the one in '75.

Martin Brody wasn't a true Islander.

He knew how to push the buttons.

And the Mayor's Mob associations were known. The Mob's money made sure the 4th of July '75 celebrations would go ahead. And the beaches had closed for 24 hours. But, in that time, a girl was bitten in half; a boy was bitten in half; and an elderly man was bitten. And Captain Quint, wanted $10,000 dollars to catch the 25 foot beast.

And, Quint, Hooper, and Martin went out into the deep waters to kill it. Quint was eaten. And, Ben Gardner, and others.

And, as more victims died, the toll was too much. And Martin Brody passed away.

And the decade or so, was stained in blood.

~~~

By 1982, Calvin was happy.

He wore his tan colored shirt, tan colored shorts, brown colored socks, and brown colored shoes. And a shiny silver colored watch on his right hand.

"But, tell me, how to you contain sharks in this lagoon?". Phillip FitzRoyce enquired. He stared at the huge Lagoon.

He saw Cindy and Sandy, the famous Dolphins, becoming agitated.

Several screens protected the shark pools.

"Well, you know, uh, it's that shark screen; the bubble screen. You know that sharks don't like that; it's called, uh, maritime segregation".

And he laughed, as he saw some sharks swimming around unmolested by the keepers.

~~~

"Mike, there's something wrong with Cindy and Sandy".

"What's wrong?".

"They're...scared".

"Of...".

"Of...I don't know. They're not going to be part of the show if they're sick".

"Maybe we can use other dolphins...".

"I don't understand".

"Give them the day off. Call the vet".

"Ok".

And Katheryn made a call that she didn't want to make.

~~~

"AND NOW...THE SKIING RELAY TEAM...THEY'RE OUR FLORIDIAN CHAMPIONS OF '80, AND '81. MAKE SURE YOU CHEER THEM ON...AND NOW...LADIES AND GENTLEMEN...THE SKIING CHAMPIONS...ARE A GO!!!!".

And, as the 77 tourists watched the team do flips, kicks, and tricks on their jet skis, the movement of the deep water caused a signal to the Mother shark.