Chapter One.

"Mr. Martin would like to see you in his office." Mr. Martin's secretary informed Mal. Through all the six years Mal worked here, Jo, the station's manager, always called her to his office whether to inform her who was her next guest she would interview to her show or to promote her (which is rarely). Mal slowly and confidently stood up from her chair and made her way to Jo's office following Zoë, Jo's secretary. Mal hated the fact that she had to 'follow' Zoe to Jo's office.

Our Mal is the kind of person that prefers making her own Rules. She hated following Zoe to Jo's office, she thought a famous Presenter like her wouldn't follow a normal secretary to guide her to a room she has been entering for 6 years and it hurt her 'ego', but she let it go. Zoe guided Mal to Jo's office and went back to her desk to answer the crazy endless phone calls. Mal knocked on Jo's office door and entered without waiting for an acceptance.

"Spill it, Jo." Mal said. Mal was the kind of person that went straight to her point and since Jo and her worked together for six years she assumed he already knew that so there was no need for 'HI' s 'How are you' s etc. Jo politely asked Mal to sit down. "Your next guest for tonight" He said handing Mal an envelope, sticking to the point. The envelopes Jo has been giving to Mal, shows the name of the Guest the presenter would interview, a short bio about him/her and a picture of whoever it was. Mal is supposed to take the envelope closed and head to her office then open it. But she just opens it as soon as she closes Jo's office door. Mal opened the envelope full of excitement and joy. And as soon as she read the guest's Name, all the excitement and joy went away in a blink of an eye. Zoe watched Mal's expression change; the poor thing was scared from the facial expression and the redness in Mal's face. Zoe waited for the steam to come out of Mal's ears and for her face to melt from her anger. Mal shouted "HELL NO!" and open Jo's office door angrily and Zoe suddenly hears many footsteps coming towards the office.

Mal entered Jo's office staring at Jo as if he was her prey. Mal couldn't speak from her anger and she didn't want to throw a fight with her boss, she didn't want to end up being fired. Mal took a deep breath and sat down.  "What is this?" is all she managed to say to Jo, loudly though.  "This... This is the envelope?" He said making it sound more like a question. The poor thing stuttered. Mal re-opened the envelope, got out the paper and torn the envelope into pieces and threw it to the floor.  "Screw the envelope! Is the name written, correct?" Mal asked approaching the paper to Jo's face for him to read the name again, hoping the name written is wrong or misprinted. 

"I'm a 100 percent sure the name is correct. What's wrong with Alison?" He asked with a confused look on his face. What's wrong with Allison? Is that even a question to be answered?

Allison. Allison Gray. Allison is Mal's worst enemy. She thought of Allison as a person who started Word War II. And she knew if they stayed together in the same room, sitting and talking.. World War III might start. Mal thought of all the bad things that happened to her caused by Allison, she could never forget what happened but she didn't want it to be an obstacle in her life as she was a success seeker. Mal would never make this interview. 

"I can't make this episode. I will not interview her, I will not meet her. You can ask Gavin he would be glad." Mal said to Jo calmly.

"Gavin would kill to meet her.." He said matter-of-factually. 

"But, I want YOU to make it. You are the most successful presenter in this Damn station... And you never turned down an interview. What's up?" Jo continued trying to figure out this whole thing. Mal wanted to shut Jo up, he knew nothing about what Allison did to Mal, how she.. Ruined her high school and teenage life. She couldn't just meet her and keep talking like they never knew each other. How did Allison become famous anyway? A Model? Hah, the idea made Mal laugh. Allison never had a taste in clothes back in the days. And after thinking deeply she realized how Mal wanted to be A Model at the past and always talked to Allison about it. Mal's thoughts were cut off by Jo speaking.

"EARTH TO MELIGNEY?!" Jo shouted. Mal threw Jo a disgusted look then stood up. 

"I'm not making this interview, Jo. End of Discussion." Mal said and opened the door to walk off. As soon as she opened the door people fell to the floor and some jumped from their places. Curious rude Co-workers. They all enjoyed Mal's fights with Jo, so Mal wasn't surprised from the amount of people standing outside Jo's office. Zoe shooed them and continued her work. Too late Zoe.

As Mal walked to her office she heard Gavin calling her voice but she ignored it, she wanted to kick someone's ass and Gavin wasn't worth it. Gavin is this little greedy co-worker than envies anyone who is above him. Mal still couldn't believe she once had a date with him, she totally regretted it, it ended up Gavin throwing up on the dinner table. Mal heard Gavin calling her again, as the voice approached she assumed he was getting closer so she just turned around to end it.

"What do you want?" Mal asked Gavin rudely, hoping he would have a little dignity left and walk away and leave her alone.

"J..J..Just wanted to make sure you are okay." Gavin said looking up to Mal. Yes she was much taller than him. ...And make sure she was okay? Who is he kidding? Mal knew so well Gavin is dancing from inside because he would interview Allison, that he would interview anyone actually. 

"Save it Gavin you gotta go celebrate. So leave me the hell alone, okay?" Mal said making Gavin blush in embarrassment.

Well, he deserved it. Gavin slowly turned around and walked to his office without saying one more word. Mal contained herself and walked to her office finding a small note on her desk. 

"This is work Mal. I will ignored whatever you did minutes ago, This is work and there is no room for your problems from your past. Get ready for tomorrow. PS: I already informed Gavin. -Jo." 

Mal cursed under her breath million times, wishing Jo died right now. Mal had no escape. She would just do it, she would act cool around her, Not depressed, angry, broken or weak.. She would act as Mal the presenter, not Mal the silly High School student.

But Mal knew this moment of confidence will go away as soon as she see the devil's face. Mal took the rest of the day off and went to her home with her boyfriend. Mal was on he way to her house knowing one thing. Tomorrow is going to end up in a disaster.