Chapter 26 - "Can I help you, sir?"

#TeamDrama ~ ((you’ve officially been warned at this point))

Just a quick reminder that I updated this book a few days ago but decided to add the new chapter to Chapter 25, so please re-read this first. Thank you.

+ I also changed the cover, what do you think?! :)

-----------------------------------------------

It all just seems so fake. This idea that good things happen to good people and there's magic in the world, and that the meek and righteous will inherit it. There are too many good people who suffer for something like that to be true. There are too many prayers that go unanswered. Every day we ignore how completely broken this world is, and we tell ourselves that it's all going to be okay, "You're going to be okay." But it's not okay. And once you know that, there's no going back. There's no magic in the world at least today there isn't.

------------------------------------------------

“Me?” Zayn asked confused and his friend, Liam, nodded, grinning from ear to ear. Zayn groaned and rolled his eyes.

“Can’t you find someone else to go,” Zayn sighed and Liam shook his head. “Louis’ busy with his new boyfriend, and you’re a person that Niall knows, I can’t show up with a complete stranger, can I?”

Zayn shrugged. “You can try,” he said and Liam slapped Zayns arm, looking disbelievingly.

“I was hoping that I could stay here,” Zayn spoke. “But fine, I’ll go with you. But if everything’s alright and we’re going there for nothing, you owe me.”

Liam playfully rolled his eyes before he wrapped his arms around Zayn and nestled his head into Zayns chest. “Thank you,” Liam mumbled and Zayn sighed and smiled down at Liam.

Zayn knew how important it was to Liam that Niall was alright, it was obvious that Liam’s feelings for Niall went a lot deeper than the feelings you had for a friend, the thing that Zayn didn’t know was if Liam himself realized it or if he’s denying it.

To Zayn, it was more than obvious, for a longer time already. Zayn could see it in Liam’s eyes when he looked at the blonde Irish boy, he could see it when Liam smiled at Niall in school when he felt like nobody was watching him, Zayn could see it by the way Liam’s eyes lit up when he spoke about Niall or when he just heard Nialls name.

He was in love, if he knew it or not. And Zayn saw it as his mission to get them together.

~

Niall was sitting in Denise and Greg’s living room and looked around while Denise was looking after her son, Theo, who started to cry.

The wall was covered in a lot of photos, so many photos that the wall was barely visible. Niall pushed himself off the couch and walked over to the wall, eying the photos.

Niall knew some of the photos, they hung in Laura’s hallway as well, they were pictures of Greg, Greg and Denise, Niall and Greg and the picture that caught Niall’s attention was the picture that showed Maura, Greg and Niall on Niall’s fifth birthday.

Niall was on Maura’s arm while Greg had his arms wrapped around his mother’s body; they were standing in front of a huge sea of balloons; Niall clearly remembered that day, Maura had spent the entire morning blowing up balloons while Niall sat next to her, trying to blow some up as well. He clearly remembered how he felt that day.

Happy,

Loved,

Not empty.

That was exactly three years before Maura died, three years before Niall and Maura were torn apart forever, torn apart from death. Niall’s world was perfect back then. If he knew he only had three years left to spend with his mother, he probably would’ve never left her side.