Chapter 9 - "Are you okay?"

SORRY! It's been almost an month.. I was busy with.. well, let's but the dumb excuses away, I was lazy and I was working on other books and.. tumblr kept distracting me, and to be 100% honest, I had/have a writers block about this book, so that's why this chapter isn't my best work, I hope you understand :) I will try to writer Chapter 10 faster, I guess I will make it work since I still have one week of my spring vacation (ironic, spring vacation while I see snow when I look out of the window -___-) left (: 

- Nadine xx

------------------------------

Niall laid on his bed, staring at the ceiling, just like he had done the entire afternoon after his aunt broke the news to him.

The thoughts in his mind were racing, making it hard for him to think straight. 

"Niall?", a soft voice broke the silence in Nialls room, and Laura slowly walked over to Nialls bed, sitting down on its edge, giving him a worried look. "Are you okay?"

Niall let out a mocking laugh. "Yeah, can't you see the happiness on my face?", he replied sarcastically as he turned around, now facing the wall so his aunt won't see the tears that were welling up in his eyes. He clenched his jaw so he won't start sobbing. 

Laura sighed and laid a hand on Nialls shoulder. "I know it's a hard time, but I promise you everything will turn out alright." 

"What if it doesn't?", Niall asked her in a weak and quiet voice. Laura sighed. "It will, don't worry.. and Niall, don't think too much about it, you know it's not good for you and-"

Niall cutted her off. "Yeah, me and my mental health, I know this.." He sighed. "Can you leave? I'd like to be alone now."

Laura nodded, and stood up. "If you decide you want to talk about it, you find me downstairs." She turned around and left the room, closing the door behind her.

Niall waited a few seconds to avoid the risk she might still be in front of his door, before he grabbed his pillow and buried his face in it, and screamed, tears streaming down his face. 

His life was shit, what did he ever do to deserve this?

~

Louis sat in his room, scrolling through his facebook newsfeed, but not really paying attention to the posts his friends made. Why should he? Most of them were posting how much they hated to do chores at home, some were complaining about teachers or friends, or they posted quotes or song lyrics, trying to be inspirational when in reality they just copied and pasted them. Pretty much how everyones facebook newsfeed looked like.

He sighed as his mind wandered off to Harry, mentally discussing with himself whether he should go to Harrys house or not, on one hand, he wanted to meet Harry, find out more about him, on the other hand, he didn't wanted to rush things, Harry just told him he kind of liked that Louis didn't gave up on him, but he surely didn't wanted to look desperate or like a stalker. 

Louis decided to not go to Harrys house, it just could destroy everything he had built up until that moment. He shutted the laptop and grabbed his mobile, scrolling through his contacts, searching for the number of his biggest headache number two. He clicked "call" and held the phone against his ear. 

After a few seconds, Niall picked up the phone. Something rustled in the line, before Louis heard someone taking a deep, yet shaky breath.

"Y-Yeah?", Niall finally spoke in a weak voice. 

"Niall, it's Louis. Have you been crying?", Louis asked concerned. 

"No.. I was just.. eating something.", Niall stuttered, obviously lying.