Sweet Tooth (Laughing Jack Romance)

Savannah's P.O.V.

I lazily got out of my pink bed, I looked at the bed sheet in hate. Stupid hand-me downs, my older sister just had be so girly. I trudged over to my closet and put on my work clothes, my family and I owned a candy/bakery store, and I would work during the weekends and after school. I didn't like the outfit either, it was a pink short dress with those puffy shoulder pieces, white gloves, white high heels with red hearts on them, red lipstick, a very light pink apron, a hair clip that was a piece of hard candy in its wrapper, and a head band with a small sailor hat. I myself ruined the outfit, by having such long, curly, black hair with straight bangs, brown eyes that looked almost black, and tan skin.

I went down stairs into the kitchen area where we made the sweets and saw my Grandma Abo and Lãla making taffy. I kissed their cheeks. They were called Abo and Lãla because when I was little I couldn't say grandma in Spanish and ended up calling them that. Lãla had a slight lazy eye that crept the heck out of my older sister Elizabeth. She was so snobby, and we were only half-sisters. She blamed everything that went wrong on me saying I had murderer’s blood.

Ya see about two years after my mom had Elizabeth, a man broke in the house killed our father and raped my mother. Nine months later, I'm here. I could always tell that they loved Elizabeth better, as I heard them start to sob when they began talking about how their little granddaughter was leaving them for college. They probably didn't love me at all. When I was seven I was kidnapped for ransom and the guy showed me the news and no one in my family shed a tear for me. I never told them that I saw it. Elizabeth always rubbed it in when they gave her better presents and gave her more goodies.

I made my way to the front counter trying to dispel myself of the hurtful memories. I came up to see a mother with her small child looking at all the goodies and sweets.

"And what would you like today?" I asked looking down at the small boy who gave me a wide smile with a missing tooth.

"A swirled lollipop, please." The little boy said pointing at it through the glass. I bent down to open the sliding glass to retrieve the lollipop. As I got it I heard another customer come in. I took it and handed it to the boy who looked at my wrist oddly.

"Miss, why do you have a scar on your wrist?" He asked with curiosity in his small blue eyes. The mother took notice in this and gave me a worried look. She instantly knew I had been cutting myself and I knew I had to lie. I pulled the glove up to hide it.

"It's just an accident in the kitchen with a knife. Remember never play with knives or you might get a scar like that. Also listen to your mother." I said making up a lie. The mother slowly nodded her head in thanks and looked over her shoulder and then looked at her child.

"Tommy, we have to go now." The mother said dropping off the money on the glass counter and rushing out revealing the next customer behind her. I faintly heard the kid’s reply.

"But, Mommy don't we have to get Daddy's birth day cake?" I heard the child say. I looked up to see the next customer was very tall almost inhumanly tall, had pale white skin, and light blue eyes with a hint of darkness that were hidden under a hat. He wore a big black jacket, and had his hands in his pockets. He had big, dark, baggy pants and black and white stockings with black clown like boots. He was so tall, and his arms seemed to be so loose. Maybe he just seemed so tall, because I was so short, after all I was only 5'0 ft. tall. I was very short and maybe he was just little over average so he just looked like a giant.

"What would like today, sir?" I asked grabbing the money the woman left and putting it in the cash register.

"Five small bags of hard candy." He said in a deep odd and wicked voice. That stuff was old school. I had to go to the back for that stuff and ask for the price.