Chapter 3: Lessons Begin

Bella was asleep peacefully all night, when she woke up in the early morning...or rather one of the maids woke her up, by pulling apart the curtains and letting the summer sun shine in through the wide window, which woke Bella up, with a warm tingling sensation, she opened her eyes and she blinked as she stretched on the bed as she yawned slightly.

“Good morning, miss.” The maid said as she smiled “I trust you slept well?” the maid said as she started to fluff Bella’s pillows as soon as Bella stood up to stretch out fully on the balcony and stare at the gorgeous morning view.

Bella looked back at the petite, slim and young pretty maid as she gave her a soft nod “I have, thank you very much.” She said with a warm smile on her lips “I never slept better actually.” She said, there was something about this new place, new world that made her feel comfortable as if she was at home. Like she belonged there, she liked that feeling.

The maid smiled back at her softly as she started to brush Bella’s long dark hair “Well, it shows on your face.” She said softly, her hands were soft against Bella’s hair, as she brushed it, making sure there were no tangles in her long, luscious hair to make her presentable. Bella looked into the mirror as she thought about the prophecy Aslan told them about, she wondered if she was this half star, she had no idea what to do if she was.

She imagined the star to be more beautiful than she was, long and luscious hair that almost reached the floor, silky and smooth, pure light blonde with a blue light surrounding her, that was her visions of the Narnian star, but for all she knew, she could be wrong as she never saw a Narnian star before. She closed her eyes softly as the maid started to braid her long hair, in a delicate and complex plait she had never seen before, after that she helped Bella fit into a new morning dress and shoes to match “You look wonderful.” She said

“Thanks to you.” Bella replied with a kind smile, she bit her lip as she took in her appearance once again, she looked slim and like she stepped out from a painting painted in the 1500’s maybe even before than.

“You look beautiful.” She heard a deep voice and she looked up to see Caspian standing by the door, with a bright smile as he gazed at her, she felt her cheeks burn up bright red as she smiled at him warmly.

The maid bowed to them both, before she walked off to another part of the castle and Bella bit her lip, as she gazed up at Caspian.

Caspian looked at Bella “Are you okay?” he said, he walked over to her as he took her hand in his softly, his thumb rubbing the top of her hand softly, in a caring and tender way. Bella looked at their hands, it fit into his, as if she was made for him, but then her hand fitted with Peter’s too, and she was sure it would with Edmund’s too, that’s what confused her.

“I...yes..” she said “I was just thinking.” She looked up at him after a few moments, since she adverted her gaze from his, a few moments ago and she bit her lip slightly, she could not shake off the strange feeling, that occupied her mind, body and soul. Also the feeling, like something terrible was waiting for them in the mist.

Caspian touched her cheek softly as he pressed a soft kiss to her forehead, his lips were warm and tender against her smooth skin and she closed her eyes softly as he sighed against her forehead “Don’t worry about it for now.” He said, she knew he was right, but deep down, she still worried. He wrapped an arm around her slim waist softly as he walked with her to the dining hall, for breakfast, when they walked inside; Edmund was already there with Peter.

Bella bit her lip as Peter looked up to see them both walking in, she looked away from Peter not meeting his gaze as she sat beside Caspian and on the other side of Edmund. Peter sighed softly and he looked away from them as he looked down at his plate and he ate in silence.