Chapter seventeen: A Memory Beyond the Stars

Zane's POV

This...does not...compute.

Did Second Cole use that Sword to swipe Second Lloyd?

I'm sorry... it is just it happened so fast.

We all stared at the empty floor. Until the sky was no longer dark. The sun began to shine brighter than ever.

The clouds disappeared, and all that showed was the clear, blue sky. For so long, I had forgotten what a typical sky looked like.

I take a look at Second Cole. He had sadness in his eyes as stared at the floor.

"Cole?" Second Kai steps up to him, "Are you okay?"

Second Cole sighed, "Yeah... I'm fine."

"My gosh..." Second Jay whispered, "You killed him! Why would you do that?!"

We all walked up to Second Cole. I, too, wondered the same thing.

"It was the only way," Second Cole whispered, "I probably know what you're all thinking: why did I do this? Well, I had no choice. Lloyd was a close friend of mine, of us, but as much as I wanted to save him, I couldn't. Lloyd has done too much destruction to change. He let the darkness take over him. I gave him swift death, back to the underworld where he belongs."

"Well," Jay began, "Habauka took his soul so--"

"JAY!!!" We all shouted at him to keep his mouth shut.

"Cole..." Second Kai paused, "We're sorry about everything."

"Yeah," Second Nya said, "If we hadn't released Lloyd out of the underworld, none of this would've happened."

"Even though we did something stupid," Second Jay replied, "We still want to make things right. I don't really miss Lloyd. Who I really miss...is Zane. It was our fault that he died, and now we can't even forgive him."

"He would've been proud of you," Second Kai said, "Same with Sensei Wu and Misako."

"But I am proud," said a voice.

We gasped and turned around. I couldn't believe who I saw. I'd never thought I'd see the day.

It was my second dimension self. He was a golden spirit and looked exactly like me. Nindroids don't age, do they.

"Z--Z--Zane?" Second Cole stammered, "Is that you?"

Second Zane nodded his head. I noticed that two more spirits were there. They were the second dimension, Sensei Wu and Misako.

"Sensei..." Second Kai whispered.

"Misako?" Second Nya gasped.

"I am proud of all of you," Second Sensei Wu replied, "Especially you, Cole. You never gave up."

"I'm sorry about everything, Sensei!" Second Cole cried, "I didn't mean anything to happen!"

"I was disappointed in you two," Second Sensei said to Second Jay and Second Kai.

Both of them looked away in shame. Second Sensei continued.

"But, like always, there will always be light in the dark. Sure, it took you a while, but you eventually found it."

Second Kai and Second Jay smiled. Misako and Second Zane nodded in agreement.

"As for you," Second Sensei turned to all of us, "Thank you all. You have set things right. You defeated Lloyd and balanced the universe once more. Everything is back to normal. The citizens are saved....and Cole has his powers back."